[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.archives] WANTED: MTE / FLASHLINK Term progs

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun29.160729.10303@cc.newcastle.edu.au> glgam@cc.newcastle.edu.au writes:

>I'm after the latest version (or close to) of a Dos program which has gone
>under the name of MTE and also Flashlink .. It is a terminal program with
>a difference.. it emulates the MNP protocol with software.. I have MTE
>version 2.15 and believe that the Flashlink named one is the latest..

As far as I recall several users pointed out that MTE is a fully
commercial program, and it was thus removed from the major archive
sites.  Hence you are not likely to find a overt newer version on
the arvhives.  Or at least you shouldn't if the information on the
commercial nature is correct.  (I have no reason to doubt that).

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

dly@zeus.calpoly.edu (Dixon D. Ly) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun29.174517.7711@uwasa.fi> ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) writes:
>In article <1991Jun29.160729.10303@cc.newcastle.edu.au> glgam@cc.newcastle.edu.au writes:
>>
>>I'm after the latest version (or close to) of a Dos program which has gone
>>under the name of MTE and also Flashlink .. It is a terminal program with
>>a difference.. it emulates the MNP protocol with software.. I have MTE
>>version 2.15 and believe that the Flashlink named one is the latest..
>
>As far as I recall several users pointed out that MTE is a fully
>commercial program, and it was thus removed from the major archive
>sites.  Hence you are not likely to find a overt newer version on
>the arvhives.  Or at least you shouldn't if the information on the
>commercial nature is correct.  (I have no reason to doubt that).

Yes, Flashlink is commercial.  It was the comm program that came
with my Cardinal modem.

||  Dixon D. Ly                        ||   GO GIANTS !!!???                ||
||  INTERNET:  dly@pan.calpoly.edu     ||   Lowell once had Four Horsemen   ||