[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.wanted] PD EGA Mahjongg

goehring@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Scott Goehring) (06/26/91)

i used to have a PD EGA Mahjongg (the solo game, also known as
dragon), but lost it in a disk crash.  anybody have a pointer?
--
Scott Goehring		      |	There's a lot of overweight people in the
goehring@mentor.cc.purdue.edu | world, many are arguably food-addicts.  Shall

jao@megatest.UUCP (John Oswalt) (06/27/91)

In article <GOEHRING.91Jun26110641@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, goehring@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Scott Goehring) writes:

> i used to have a PD EGA Mahjongg (the solo game, also known as
> dragon), but lost it in a disk crash.  anybody have a pointer?

This is not PD, but pretty cheap:

If you are talking about what I think you are (you pick pairs of tiles
until they are all gone) it is part of Microsoft's Entertainment
Package for Windows.  If you already have Windows, I think the extra
$25 for these 7 or so games is well spent.
--

John Oswalt        megatest!jao@sun.UUCP         ..!sun!megatest!jao

yox@tc.fluke.COM (Eric Yoxtheimer) (06/28/91)

jao@megatest.UUCP (John Oswalt) writes:

>In article <GOEHRING.91Jun26110641@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, goehring@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Scott Goehring) writes:

>> i used to have a PD EGA Mahjongg (the solo game, also known as
>> dragon), but lost it in a disk crash.  anybody have a pointer?

>This is not PD, but pretty cheap:

>If you are talking about what I think you are (you pick pairs of tiles
>until they are all gone) it is part of Microsoft's Entertainment
>Package for Windows.  If you already have Windows, I think the extra
>$25 for these 7 or so games is well spent.
>--

>John Oswalt        megatest!jao@sun.UUCP         ..!sun!megatest!jao

Actually there are a number of different versions of this game.  There is
a version for Windows, which USED to be PD until MS bought the rights.
In fact the pre-Windows versions are STILL PD as I recall (beta tests).

(oops...those PDs should read SW for Shareware - a GREAT concept if ever
I've seen one)

There are others out there though that don't require Windows.  I have
one for the EGA, unfortunately I don't have FTP access so I can't send
it to you :-(  But many of the Shareware outlets carry it...or BBSes...
or a ftp site (don't have access so don't know for sure on the last one).

<*****  potential flame on  *****>

And don't give me that garbage about the 'good' ones are for Windows only!
The one that I have is wonderful, and it doesn't need Windows!

<*****  potential flame off  *****>

Actually another good shareware program for Windows is Solitile...it's
an offshoot of Mahjong...interesting!

Anyway, that's my two bits worth....

Eric Yoxtheimer			yox@tc.fluke.com
-These opinions are MINE....nobody can claim credit for them ;-)

gt4824a@prism.gatech.EDU (Paul Beker) (06/28/91)

In article <GOEHRING.91Jun26110641@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> goehring@mentor.cc.purdue.edu writes:
>i used to have a PD EGA Mahjongg (the solo game, also known as
>dragon), but lost it in a disk crash.  anybody have a pointer?

I have a pretty nice version of MahJonngg (EGA, Non-Windows, Mouse, etc.)
for one player.  It is shareware and I think the author wants eight dollars
for registration.  If someone will post the proper place in SIMTEL to ftp
this to -- or another good place to FTP, it shall be done.

--
Paul Beker                      Internet: gt4824a@prism.gatech.edu
24838 Georgia Tech Station      uucp: ..!{world}!gatech!prism!gt4824a