[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.wanted] DIRNOTES?

mauler@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun27.170740.16710@midway.uchicago.edu>, valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) writes:
> I have DIRNOTES from PCMAG, dated 8/14/87.  It works, but the 30 char
> limit is a little annoying.  It seems I remember there being an updated
> version of thie program.  I looked in Wuarchive msdos/pcmag, but they
> only seem to have the '87 version.  Any ideas where I could find a newer
> one?

Another question:  does anyone know if there is a DOS shell like DirMagic or
the PcMag CO.COM program that will read dirnotes.dat files and let you see
descriptions of what you delete as well as the regular directory information?

Seems to me a lot of QuickUnerase use could be prevented, that way.

Leo

valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) (06/28/91)

I have DIRNOTES from PCMAG, dated 8/14/87.  It works, but the 30 char
limit is a little annoying.  It seems I remember there being an updated
version of thie program.  I looked in Wuarchive msdos/pcmag, but they
only seem to have the '87 version.  Any ideas where I could find a newer
one?

Also, how do you do the "search the archives yourself so you don't have
to enter stupid 'help me' items like this one" thing?  I'm sure if I
knew how, I'd be able to get quicker answers to these kinds of questions
as well as save network bandwidth.
--

	(Another fine mess brought to you by valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu)

valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) (06/28/91)

valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) writes:

>I have DIRNOTES from PCMAG, dated 8/14/87.  It works, but the 30 char
>limit is a little annoying.  It seems I remember there being an updated
>version of thie program.  I looked in Wuarchive msdos/pcmag, but they
>only seem to have the '87 version.  Any ideas where I could find a newer
>one?

Scrub this.  I found the new DIRNOTES in the dirutl directory.
--

	(Another fine mess brought to you by valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu)

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (06/28/91)

WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [192.88.110.20]

NOTE: Type B is Binary; Type A is ASCII

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.DIRUTL>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
DIRNO120.ZIP  B   15463  910329  Create commented dir listings, from PC Mag.
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives at SIMTEL20 [192.88.110.20]