[comp.archives.admin] History repeats itself Off the subject on FSF and LPF

hall@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Marty Hall) (06/29/91)

>In article <1991Jun26.171330.3590@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu>, hall@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Marty Hall) writes:
[LPF members with ties to the commercial software business] ...
>>  Also, I think the new LPF president
>> is a very well-known "mainstream" software guy, with long ties to the
>> Defense industry and other things that FSF wouldn't like.
>
>Sounds like you are trying to paint FSF people as your typical left-leaning
>america-last kind of guys. [...]

Again, this doesn't really belong in comp.archives.admin, so this is my
last comment :-)

Sorry if I gave that impression. I was responding to a poster who was
opposed to much of the FSF position, and then said, more or less, "isn't
LPF the same?"

Most of my posting was trying to show that the LPF had ties to the "proprietary
software" folks. I did not intend that last sentence as being inflammatory
or anti-FSF; the whole post was trying to say that the LPF was quite distinct
from FSF. I was trying to show differences between LPF and the real or
assumed positions of FSF and its more visible members. I absolutely intended
no indictment of FSF!

						- Marty
hall@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu, hall%aplcen@jhunix.bitnet, ..uunet!aplcen!hall
Artificial Intelligence Lab, AAI Corp, PO Box 126, Hunt Valley, MD 21030

(setf (need-p 'disclaimer) NIL)