[comp.society.development] Guide to Latin American Mailing lists

reiter@aifh.ed.ac.uk (06/07/91)

[General question: do people appreciate my forwarding such announcements,
 or is it just a waste of bandwidth?  -- Ehud ]

>From: PEDRO@ohstpy
>Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1991 16:37 EDT

addresses, purposes, and useful tips about how to use them.

Fortunately, the list grew pretty big, and by now almost every country
of the region is included, in one way or another. So, I accepted
the generous offer of the LASPAU administrators to put it on a
listserver, and make it accessible to everyone interested in geting
it. This will avoid the intense traffic every time I send a list out,
and, more important, will save me the time to have to reply to
many requests for copies, and will help those with quota limitations,
or communication charges. I will, of course, let you know when we are
incorporating new updates.

                    HOW TO CONTACT THE LISTSERVER

Send an e-mail message to LISTSERV@HARVARDA.BITNET, with the following
lines as the only text of your message:

GET LISTS   GUIDE LASPAU
GET LISTS-P GUIDE LASPAU

You will automatically receive a copy of the current edition of the Guides.
LISTS GUIDE includes lists of general interest, while LISTS-P GUIDE has
those lists of professional interest.  You can request each of the files
individually.

To see what other information could have been stored, include in the
message the following line:

INDEX LASPAU

If you have any problems with the listserver, please send a note to
the administrators, Cesar Galindo-Legaria (cesar@husc9.bitnet) or
Alberto Oliart (oira@bu-pub.harvard.edu).
--
						Ehud Reiter