[comp.os.msdos.desqview] DV/QEMM versions 2.31 vs 2.32?

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (05/08/91)

Can someone tell me what differences exist betweeen DV386 versions 2.31
and 2.32, and between QEMM versions 5.11 and 5.12?

A couple of months ago I asked the net about getting Quarterdeck to
upgrade my brand-new copy of v2.31 of DV386 (and 5.11 of QEMM) to the
just-released versions 2.32/5.12, with no response other than "ask
Quarterdeck".  After *finally* getting through to their BBS and finding
no information there, I thought I'd find out whether the difference is
worth the effort of getting through to Quarterdeck --- they aren't
looking real accessible to an individual without any commercial accounts
(e.g. Compu$erve).

Thanks for any info,
-bob,mon

dhosek@euler.claremont.edu (Don Hosek) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May7.123515.12974@news.cs.indiana.edu>, bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:
> Can someone tell me what differences exist betweeen DV386 versions 2.31
> and 2.32, and between QEMM versions 5.11 and 5.12?

It was windows-related patches; viz, if you don't use windows,
don't worry.

> A couple of months ago I asked the net about getting Quarterdeck to
> upgrade my brand-new copy of v2.31 of DV386 (and 5.11 of QEMM) to the
> just-released versions 2.32/5.12, with no response other than "ask
> Quarterdeck".  After *finally* getting through to their BBS and finding
> no information there, I thought I'd find out whether the difference is
> worth the effort of getting through to Quarterdeck --- they aren't
> looking real accessible to an individual without any commercial accounts
> (e.g. Compu$erve).

Actually, the main support conference is releayed through BBSs
all over the place. If you have the Quarterdeck White Papers
(available from simtel20 as qwhite.arc or somesuch) there is a
tech note on what BBSs carry the conference. They're quite
accessible in that way.

-dh

--
Don Hosek                  | To retrieve files from ymir via the mailserver,
dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu  | send a message to mailserv@ymir.claremont.edu

ralphs@seattleu.edu (Ralph Sims) (05/08/91)

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:

> Can someone tell me what differences exist betweeen DV386 versions 2.31
> and 2.32, and between QEMM versions 5.11 and 5.12?

Specifically, I can't, but in general, the later release clubs Windows
into submission a little better.  If you're not running Windows, it
won't be worth your time.

> A couple of months ago I asked the net about getting Quarterdeck to
> upgrade my brand-new copy of v2.31 of DV386 (and 5.11 of QEMM) to the
> just-released versions 2.32/5.12, with no response other than "ask
> Quarterdeck".  After *finally* getting through to their BBS and finding
> no information there, I thought I'd find out whether the difference is
> worth the effort of getting through to Quarterdeck --- they aren't
> looking real accessible to an individual without any commercial accounts
> (e.g. Compu$erve).

Phone calls to their support and sales staff have always been my best
bet (and that's as an individual).

--
          Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.