[comp.os.msdos.desqview] Telix 3.15 w/ DV 2.6, Qemm5.12

thaler@shorty.cs.wisc.edu (Maurice Thaler) (05/06/91)

I am experiencing some problems with DV2.26 (sorry about the wrong
version number in the Subject line) and QEMM5.12 w/ Telix 3.15. I
thought it was working fine with the last version of Telix (3.12) but
recently I got a new verion of it AND an update to the roms on my
STB PowerGraph w/ 1Meg (EXCLUDE=A000-C7FF). At any rate, sometimes
I call a bbs and the text becomes invisible. Does anybody have a
reliable PIF file for this?

Also, anybody have some comments on the most reliable disk cache for use
with DV? (NOT SMARTDRIVE PLEASE!!!!)

--
Maurice Thaler   SYSOP  Audio Projects BBS (608) 836-9473
                 SYSOP  Power Board    BBS (608) 222-8842

sigma@sun.ipl.rpi.edu (Kevin Martin) (05/07/91)

thaler@shorty.cs.wisc.edu (Maurice Thaler) writes:
>Also, anybody have some comments on the most reliable disk cache for use
>with DV? (NOT SMARTDRIVE PLEASE!!!!)

I've been running PC-Cache 6.0 underneath DV/386 without any problems.
I've had a few problems with PC-Cache on other setups, so I'm a little
worried.  Does anyone else have any experience with this or other caches?

--
Kevin Martin
sigma@ipl.rpi.edu

bondc@spdcc.COM (Tezcatlipocateopixque) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May6.162248.22802@spool.cs.wisc.edu> thaler@shorty.cs.wisc.edu
 (Maurice Thaler) writes:

>Also, anybody have some comments on the most reliable disk cache for use
>with DV? (NOT SMARTDRIVE PLEASE!!!!)

I use Hyperdisk.  It works like a dream, and is DV aware.

--
"Are you saying that I am judging those who use defamatory language
 or make judgemental statements?"

knepley@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Jim Knepley) (05/08/91)

In article <q26g4-m@rpi.edu> sigma@sun.ipl.rpi.edu (Kevin Martin) writes:
>thaler@shorty.cs.wisc.edu (Maurice Thaler) writes:
>>Also, anybody have some comments on the most reliable disk cache for use
>>with DV? (NOT SMARTDRIVE PLEASE!!!!)
>
>I've been running PC-Cache 6.0 underneath DV/386 without any problems.
>I've had a few problems with PC-Cache on other setups, so I'm a little
>worried.  Does anyone else have any experience with this or other caches?

  I use Norton Cache (fast version) and the only problem I've found is
that I can't use the /quick option or all DV writes will fail.  Other
than that, no problems at all.

Jim Knepley                     *  Remember:  Life is too short to watch
knepley@handel.cs.colostate.edu *             bad magic.

rwh@ontmoh.UUCP (Russell Herman) (05/08/91)

bondc@spdcc.COM (Tezcatlipocateopixque) writes:

>In article <1991May6.162248.22802@spool.cs.wisc.edu> thaler@shorty.cs.wisc.edu
> (Maurice Thaler) writes:

>>Also, anybody have some comments on the most reliable disk cache for use
>>with DV? (NOT SMARTDRIVE PLEASE!!!!)

>I use Hyperdisk.  It works like a dream, and is DV aware.

My money's on Hyperdisk, too.  Currently operating with TELIX 3.15 and QEMM5.11.
--

Russell Herman
rwh@ontmoh.uucp

covar@oakhill.sps.mot.com (David Covar) (05/09/91)

>Also, anybody have some comments on the most reliable disk cache for use
>with DV? (NOT SMARTDRIVE PLEASE!!!!)

 yes.... I recommend HyperDisk by HyperWare.  It is shareware, and well
 worth the $39 to get it registered.  To contact Roger Cross.....

  HyperWare
  RR#1 Box 91
  Pall Mall, TN 38577
  (615) 864-6868

   I have a 386/25 w/ 4MB Ram... and it handles it more than beautifully..