[comp.os.msdos.desqview] PC-NFS and DESQview

cs@ikki.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Claus Schiffler) (05/17/91)

Everytime, I start a PC-NFS command like 'rsh' or 'telnet' in a DESQview window, my
pc hangs.
In the manuals of PC-NFS is the note, that there may arise problems with DESQview
because of the comipler version MSC V 3.0.
Does anybody know a solution ?

Claus Schiffler
cs@cip-s01.informatik.rwth-aachen.de

bryan@intvax.UUCP (Jon R Bryan) (05/18/91)

From article <cs.674474569@ikki>, by cs@ikki.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Claus Schiffler):
> Everytime, I start a PC-NFS command like 'rsh' or 'telnet' in a
> DESQview window, my pc hangs.  Does anybody know a solution ?

My solution was to ditch the Sun PC-NFS and buy Beame & Whiteside's NFS
package.  Desqview has problems restoring the screen if you switch
tasks, but my machine doesn't hang or crash.

--
Jon R. Bryan	<=>	bryan@intvax.cs.sandia.gov
Sandia National Laboratories

tgtbtk@rw9.urc.tue.nl (A. Kuiper) (05/21/91)

cs@ikki.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Claus Schiffler) writes:

>Everytime, I start a PC-NFS command like 'rsh' or 'telnet' in a DESQview window, my
>pc hangs.
>In the manuals of PC-NFS is the note, that there may arise problems with DESQview
>because of the comipler version MSC V 3.0.
>Does anybody know a solution ?

rsh or telnet (PC-NFS) crashes the PC when used in combination with a multi-
tasker like DESQview or MSwindows. The solution should be using packet drivers
instead of the drivers form PC-NFS. I did not test this. If anyone has solved
this problem I would like to know.

Toine Kuiper, tgtbtk@chem.tue.nl