[comp.os.msdos.desqview] <None>

baughmankr@stat.appstate.edu (05/28/91)

Has anyone tried using Kermit 3.01 with DESQview? I have Kermit set
up as a window, but it doesn't want to work. The documentation I have
on setting up Kermit with DV says to just make sure there is enough
memory for it to run, which I have done. Kermit loads up fine, I can
sometimes even dial out. The problem seems to be with the serial port.
It appears that only about 1/2 of the characters make it back. Could
this mean that Kermit is ingoring the COM port when its not Kermits
slice? Telix and Procomm have no problems with running under DV at
all, unlike Kermit. I would greatly appreciate any help on the matter.

-Unknown-@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (-Unknown-) (05/28/91)

Has anyone tried using Kermit 3.01 with DESQview? I have Kermit set
up as a window, but it doesn't want to work. The documentation I have
on setting up Kermit with DV says to just make sure there is enough
memory for it to run, which I have done. Kermit loads up fine, I can
sometimes even dial out. The problem seems to be with the serial port.
It appears that only about 1/2 of the characters make it back. Could
this mean that Kermit is ingoring the COM port when its not Kermits
slice? Telix and Procomm have no problems with running under DV at
all, unlike Kermit. I would greatly appreciate any help on the matter.

 * Origin: Seaeast - Fidonet<->Usenet Gateway - sunbrk (1:343/15.0)