[comp.os.msdos.desqview] Kermit and DESQview

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (05/28/91)

baughmankr@stat.appstate.edu writes:
>Has anyone tried using Kermit 3.01 with DESQview? I have Kermit set
>up as a window, but it doesn't want to work. [...]

You should update to MS-Kermit v3.10 and its patch file, both of which
are available from SIMTEL20 or mirror site wuarchive.wustl.edu.  Get
pd1:<msdos.kermit>00-INDEX.TXT for a listing of what's in that directory.

Here is my DESQview PIF file for MS-Kermit, along with a one-line
addition for your AUTOEXEC.BAT to minimize the amount of memory that
Kermit uses.  I use COM2, so you will have to change the PIF if you
are using COM1.  You may also have to change the path to KERMIT.EXE
which is specified in order to make DV load it directly without
invoking COMMAND.COM.

begin 644 kerm-dv.arc
M&@)!551/15A%0RY"050`%P```+L6*(DF3!<```!S970@2T5234E4/5)/3$Q"
M04-+(#`-"AH(2U(M4$E&+D164`!>7F@```"Z%OB,<%.@`0``#`!(+"DCITT:
M.B`@83`'@"$7,6G<<%E#T"`=%V7PE`&0,`:7B&/>&'1SAB,D&R9_#`@`X%\&
M*`5B`N!"Q@X7-V_,F'$Q!PT<DS-2<EPB!0"`!``"0#(`0```"BB,4C!J=("`
'`0`@40`:``X7
`
end

--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives at SIMTEL20 [192.88.110.20]

Keith.Petersen@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Keith Petersen) (05/28/91)

baughmankr@stat.appstate.edu writes:
>Has anyone tried using Kermit 3.01 with DESQview? I have Kermit set
>up as a window, but it doesn't want to work. [...]

You should update to MS-Kermit v3.10 and its patch file, both of which
are available from SIMTEL20 or mirror site wuarchive.wustl.edu.  Get
pd1:<msdos.kermit>00-INDEX.TXT for a listing of what's in that directory.

Here is my DESQview PIF file for MS-Kermit, along with a one-line
addition for your AUTOEXEC.BAT to minimize the amount of memory that
Kermit uses.  I use COM2, so you will have to change the PIF if you
are using COM1.  You may also have to change the path to KERMIT.EXE
which is specified in order to make DV load it directly without
invoking COMMAND.COM.

begin 644 kerm-dv.arc
M&@)!551/15A%0RY"050`%P```+L6*(DF3!<```!S970@2T5234E4/5)/3$Q"
M04-+(#`-"AH(2U(M4$E&+D164`!>7F@```"Z%OB,<%.@`0``#`!(+"DCITT:
M.B`@83`'@"$7,6G<<%E#T"`=%V7PE`&0,`:7B&/>&'1SAB,D&R9_#`@`X%\&
M*`5B`N!"Q@X7-V_,F'$Q!PT<DS-2<EPB!0"`!``"0#(`0```"BB,4C!J=("`
'`0`@40`:``X7
`
end

--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives at SIMTEL20 [192.88.110.20]
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil    or     w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu
Uucp: uunet!umich!vela!w8sdz                          BITNET: w8sdz@OAKLAND

 * Origin: Seaeast - Fidonet<->Usenet Gateway - sunbrk (1:343/15.0)