[comp.os.msdos.desqview] Desqview 386 for sale

jwall@hub.cs.jmu.edu (jay wall) (05/30/91)

I bought Desqview 386 about 4 weeks ago, and found that it didn't do
what I wanted it to do.  The package is brand new (you can't tell it
has been opened except for the abscence of the plastic wrap) and
contains QEMM, and Manifest.  Although I sent the registration card
in, I will get the registration transfered to who ever buys the
package.

I bought it from The Programmer's Shop (original price $189) with
a student discount ($150).  I will sell the package for $100, NOT
including shipping and handling.

If there are any interested souls out there, please e-mail me at
jwall@hub.cs.jmu.edu or call (703) 564-1152.  Thanks.

+-------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| Jay Wall (John O. Wall III)	| Internet: jwall@hub.cs.jmu.edu  |
| James Madison University	| UUCP: ...jmucshub!taurus!jwall  |
| Math & Computer Science Dept. | -or-                            |
| Harrisonburg, VA  22807       | UUCP: ...mwc!taurus!jwall       |
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------+

nm1@ra.MsState.Edu (Natalie Maynor) (05/30/91)

jwall@hub.cs.jmu.edu (jay wall) writes:

>I bought Desqview 386 about 4 weeks ago, and found that it didn't do
>what I wanted it to do.  The package is brand new (you can't tell it

I'm curious.  What didn't DV do that you wanted it to do?  Maybe it's
because I'm not a computer expert that I am in love with DV.  I haven't
looked at the manual since the day I installed DV and haven't had occasion
to ask it to do anything exotic, but I find that my everyday computer life
is perfect with DV.  I load it via my autoexec.bat and have a script that
automatically opens bigdos, wordperfect 5.1, and procomm plus.  I keep all
three loaded all the time and go to bigdos to load any other programs I
might want to use.  I used Windows 3.0 for a few days before buying DV
and hated it.  I adore DV.
--
   --Natalie (nm1@ra.msstate.edu)

kk881595@longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU (kevin knappmiller) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May29.201520.12329@hub.cs.jmu.edu>, jwall@hub.cs.jmu.edu
(jay wall) writes:
> I bought Desqview 386 about 4 weeks ago, and found that it didn't do
> what I wanted it to do.

What was that?

>  I will sell the package for $100 . . .

Most people reading this newsgroup probably have Desqview.

I am surprised you can't return the software for a full
refund if you hate it so much.  I guess you bought it
from the wrong people or maybe DesqView does not
back their product as fully as companies like Borland.

Kevin Knappmiller
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Colorado State University
kk881595@longs.lance.colostate.edu

tran@elaine28.Stanford.EDU (Hy Tran) (05/31/91)

In article <15227@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> kk881595@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu writes:
>In article <1991May29.201520.12329@hub.cs.jmu.edu>, jwall@hub.cs.jmu.edu
>(jay wall) writes:
>> I bought Desqview 386 about 4 weeks ago, and found that it didn't do
>> what I wanted it to do.
>
>What was that?
>
>>  I will sell the package for $100 . . .
>
>Most people reading this newsgroup probably have Desqview.
>
>I am surprised you can't return the software for a full
>refund if you hate it so much.  I guess you bought it
>from the wrong people or maybe DesqView does not
>back their product as fully as companies like Borland.
>
>Kevin Knappmiller
>Department of Mechanical Engineering
>Colorado State University
>kk881595@longs.lance.colostate.edu

Desqview has a 90 day free support.  In addition, they have a 30 day
"if you can't get it to work, or are dissatisfied" money back.  Read
the license on the inside cover of your manual, and the registration
papers.

Hy Tran
tran@sun-valley.stanford.edu

so@brownie.cs.wisc.edu (Bryan S. So) (06/01/91)

In article <1991May29.201520.12329@hub.cs.jmu.edu> jwall@hub.cs.jmu.edu (jay wall) writes:

>I bought Desqview 386 about 4 weeks ago, and found that it didn't do
>what I wanted it to do.  The package is brand new (you can't tell it
>has been opened except for the abscence of the plastic wrap) and
>contains QEMM, and Manifest.  Although I sent the registration card
>in, I will get the registration transfered to who ever buys the
>package.

 Be careful that Desqview will write the registration information
 to the original disk during installation.

 I don't think Quarterdeck will send a brand new disk even if they
 can transfer the registration to the new owner.

 Bryan