[comp.os.msdos.desqview] WordPerf 5.1 *view* and DV kills screen

efb@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL (Everett F Batey) (06/05/91)

Have been fighting this one for a long time .. we have had several offers
of advice to use *virtualize* and done so.  BUT, the continuing problem is
that when in WordPerfect I select PRINT and VIEW .. once this has been done
it is only a matter of a few cpu ticks and I can count on seeing the BIG
FISHNET where my herc driven monitor used to be.  This is a very fine mesh
lath of video, about 90 percent of the pixels are lit on the crt in a very
small rectangular mesh pattern .. when I run WP without DV .. it NEVER hap-
pens.  I still have control of the program and I can exit, save and come back
or usually just reboot.  The only way to prevent this is to exit WP and its
DV window after viewing the pages of text.

Any ideas welcome .. hacks to WP just as welcome .. NO it IS NOT WELL BEHAVED
in the VIEW mode .. /Ev/

--
 +  efb@suned1.nswses.Navy.MIL  efb@gcpacix.uucp  efb@gcpacix.cotdazr.org +
 +  efb@nosc.mil   WA6CRE    Gold Coast Sun Users   Vta-SB-SLO DECUS  gnu +

heinicke@uwovax.uwo.ca (Allan Heinicke) (06/07/91)

In article <10459@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL>, efb@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL (Everett F Batey) writes:
> Have been fighting this one for a long time .. we have had several offers
> of advice to use *virtualize* and done so.  BUT, the continuing problem is
> that when in WordPerfect I select PRINT and VIEW .. once this has been done
> it is only a matter of a few cpu ticks and I can count on seeing the BIG
> FISHNET where my herc driven monitor used to be.  This is a very fine mesh
> lath of video, about 90 percent of the pixels are lit on the crt in a very
> small rectangular mesh pattern .. when I run WP without DV .. it NEVER hap-
> pens.  I still have control of the program and I can exit, save and come back
> or usually just reboot.  The only way to prevent this is to exit WP and its
> DV window after viewing the pages of text.
>
> Any ideas welcome .. hacks to WP just as welcome .. NO it IS NOT WELL BEHAVED
> in the VIEW mode .. /Ev/

Try reading page 173 of the DV manual.