[comp.os.msdos.desqview] DOS command editor w/DESQview?

roy@shark.cs.fau.edu (Roy Levow) (06/08/91)

Is there an DOS command editor like alias or dosedit that works with
DESQview?  DESQview appears to take back the keyboard interrupt no
matter how I install these programs.

valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) (06/08/91)

roy@shark.cs.fau.edu (Roy Levow) writes:

>Is there an DOS command editor like alias or dosedit that works with
>DESQview?  DESQview appears to take back the keyboard interrupt no
>matter how I install these programs.

Any command editor should work fine as long as you install it inside the
DOS window under DV.  The one you installed before running DV is
termporarily inactivated.  Special note: Anarkey seems to require a bit
of extra work to make it work right; see the manual for details...
--

	(Another fine mess brought to you by valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu)

chaz@chinet.chi.il.us (Charlie Kestner) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun07.172003.19980@cs.fau.edu> roy@shark.cs.fau.edu (Roy Levow) writes:
>Is there an DOS command editor like alias or dosedit that works with
>DESQview?  DESQview appears to take back the keyboard interrupt no
>matter how I install these programs.

  You'll find that 4DOS works just fine under Desqview.  (I'm running
4DOSv301A under QEMMv50 & Desqviewv226.)
  If you've not checked out 4DOS, you should.   It has command history,
aliases, multiple-commands on one line, and many other features that
you'll find quite nice.

chaz@chinet.chi.il.us (Charlie Kestner) (06/09/91)

In article <1991Jun7.214648.9690@midway.uchicago.edu> valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) writes:
>roy@shark.cs.fau.edu (Roy Levow) writes:
>
>>Is there an DOS command editor like alias or dosedit that works with
>>DESQview?  DESQview appears to take back the keyboard interrupt no
>>matter how I install these programs.
>
>Any command editor should work fine as long as you install it inside the
>DOS window under DV.  The one you installed before running DV is
>termporarily inactivated.  Special note: Anarkey seems to require a bit
>of extra work to make it work right; see the manual for details...
>--

  Good point!
  In my reply to him, I SHOULD have mentioned that I use 4DOS as the
secondary shell, also.  Thus, all of it's features are available to
me at any time.  (This is what happens when one installs upgrades to
the OS, and promptly takes them for granted!)

s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Miramar [Eugene Mok]) (06/09/91)

roy@shark.cs.fau.edu (Roy Levow) writes:

>Is there an DOS command editor like alias or dosedit that works with
>DESQview?  DESQview appears to take back the keyboard interrupt no
>matter how I install these programs.

Yes there is. Doskey.com that comes with MSDOS 5 will work with
Desqview and you don't have to load it into a desqview window. Just
start it on boot-up and you'll have access to it in any Desqview DOS
window.

--
     | o o |    Eugene Mok  s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au  (Melbourne OZ)
     \  ^  /

ted@dgbt.doc.ca (Ted Grusec) (06/10/91)

4DOS works flawlessly with DV, giving you command editing, aliasing
and much more, with memory gain on top of all that.

Ted Grusec    Communications Research Centre    (Govt. of Canada, DOC)
 3701 Carling Ave., Ottawa, Ont.K2H 8S2, CANADA  Internet: ted@dgbt.doc.ca
  Compuserve: 73607,1576  (613) 998 2762   Fax (613) 993 8657