[comp.os.msdos.desqview] Problem with DV/Qemm & MS Quick C

baughmankr@stat.appstate.edu (06/09/91)

Has anyone had any success with running DESQview and MicroSofts Quick C with
Quick Assembler version 2.5? I can get Quick C started, and it appears to
even compile my programs. The problem occurs when I try to execute the program
from within the Quick C environment (F5). The program runs, but when its done I
get a Qemm Exception #13 , error code:0000, then it appears to give a register
dump. It then prompts me to (T)erminate, (R)eboot, or (C)ontinue. None of these
work because the systems hangs (the caps lock indicator light doesn't even
work). I could find no documentation in the Quick C manuals on how to set up
with DESQview. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sichermn@beach.csulb.edu (Jeff Sicherman) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun9.123423.868@stat.appstate.edu> baughmankr@stat.appstate.edu writes:
>Has anyone had any success with running DESQview and MicroSofts Quick C with
>Quick Assembler version 2.5? I can get Quick C started, and it appears to
>even compile my programs. The problem occurs when I try to execute the program
>from within the Quick C environment (F5). The program runs, but when its done I
>get a Qemm Exception #13 , error code:0000, then it appears to give a register
>dump. It then prompts me to (T)erminate, (R)eboot, or (C)ontinue. None of these
>work because the systems hangs (the caps lock indicator light doesn't even
>work). I could find no documentation in the Quick C manuals on how to set up
>with DESQview. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  Maybe you have a program bug (unitialized pointer, etc.) that causes
your program to crunch part of the quickc/quickasm environment so that
IT incurs some addressing fault when it regains control.