[comp.os.msdos.desqview] Desqview and DOS 5.0?

phil@hansen.ncd.com (Phil Graham) (06/12/91)

I did not bring my serial number in for desqview so I can't get technical
support (atleast that is what the voice mail for quarterdeck says :-(

So has anyone called to find out if Desqview will work with DOS 5.0?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

baughmankr@stat.appstate.edu (06/12/91)

> So has anyone called to find out if Desqview will work with DOS 5.0?

I've been running DESQview v2.26, DOS 5.0, and 4DOS all together for about a
week and have had no major problems. The only thing that doesn's seem to work
is the Manifest, but I believe they already know of the problem and are working
on a replacement.

rdippold@cancun.qualcomm.com (Ron Dippold) (06/14/91)

In article <5934@lupine.NCD.COM> phil@hansen.ncd.com (Phil Graham) writes:
>I did not bring my serial number in for desqview so I can't get technical
>support (atleast that is what the voice mail for quarterdeck says :-(
>
>So has anyone called to find out if Desqview will work with DOS 5.0?

No problem at all, even with DOS loaded high.  I did find that although it
gave me 635K free without DesqView loaded, it still only gave me 500K with
DesqView (per window).  I suspect they are both fighting for the HMA, so
DesqView then loads low after DOS grabs it, so I don't gain too much extra
memory.

--
Standard disclaimer applies, you legalistic hacks.     |     Ron Dippold