[comp.os.msdos.desqview] Procomm Plus 2.0 with DV

morin@ecs.umass.edu (06/19/91)

I am running Desqview 386 on a Zenith 386 with 2 megs of ram.  The Versions
that are running are 5.12/2.32.  When I load DV, and then start Procomm
Plus 2.0, everything runs fine, except when Procomm enters terminal mode.
The entire screen becomes blue as normal, except for a small portion on the
bottom row, where half of it remains black.  I've havent seen this problem
before in DV.  If you need more information, feel free to write an email
message.

Steve

synful@cmutek.cc.cmu.edu (Marc Shannon) (06/20/91)

In article <13993.285f62c2@ecs.umass.edu>, morin@ecs.umass.edu writes:
>I am running Desqview 386 on a Zenith 386 with 2 megs of ram.  The Versions
>that are running are 5.12/2.32.  When I load DV, and then start Procomm
>Plus 2.0, everything runs fine, except when Procomm enters terminal mode.
>The entire screen becomes blue as normal, except for a small portion on the
>bottom row, where half of it remains black.  I've havent seen this problem
>before in DV.  If you need more information, feel free to write an email
>message.

Strange - I see the same kind of problems when I use Microsoft Word 5.5
(set for "layout" mode - ie. graphical display rather than text).  It
seems that some of the screen management gets lost and I'll end up with
parts of the screen not being highlighted in blue as I should.

It doesn't affect the use of MS Word, but it does make for an ugly screen.

--Marc

| Marc Shannon                                  SYNFUL@DRYCAS.CLUB.CC.CMU.EDU |
| CMU-TEK Person-In-Charge                             R602MS5U@VB.CC.CMU.EDU |
| Carnegie-Mellon University                         SYNFUL@CMUTEK.CC.CMU.EDU |
| (412) 268-6290              "I mean, really, what could possibly go wrong?" |

jpollard@silver.ucs.indiana.edu () (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun20.090616.224@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu> synful@cmutek.cc.cmu.edu (Marc Shannon) writes:
>In article <13993.285f62c2@ecs.umass.edu>, morin@ecs.umass.edu writes:
>>I am running Desqview 386 on a Zenith 386 with 2 megs of ram.  The Versions
>>that are running are 5.12/2.32.  When I load DV, and then start Procomm
>>Plus 2.0, everything runs fine, except when Procomm enters terminal mode.
>>The entire screen becomes blue as normal, except for a small portion on the
>>bottom row, where half of it remains black.  I've havent seen this problem
>>before in DV.  If you need more information, feel free to write an email
>>message.
>
>Strange - I see the same kind of problems when I use Microsoft Word 5.5
>(set for "layout" mode - ie. graphical display rather than text).  It
>seems that some of the screen management gets lost and I'll end up with
>parts of the screen not being highlighted in blue as I should.
>
>It doesn't affect the use of MS Word, but it does make for an ugly screen.
>
>--Marc
>
>--

Have either of you tried increasing the text and/or graphic pages in the
extended program setup? I used to have this sort of problem with various
programs, but after changing those setting, my "ugly screens" disappeared.

--
Jack Pollard, private citizen