[comp.os.msdos.desqview] DV PCPLUS and External Kermit

ferris@gradient.cis.upenn.edu (Richard T. Ferris) (06/26/91)

I have an old copy of PCPLUS and I like to use an external kermit
for long packet file transfers.  I have it hooked into one of the
external protocols and it works fine when I am not in DV.  Is there
anything special which I must do?  The external calls basically shell
out of PCPLUS, run a batch file which in turn calls the kermit
(msvibm) with a receive command and should then begin the file
transfer.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

--RF
Richard Ferris
ferris@grad1.cis.upenn.edu

baughmankr@stat.appstate.edu (06/27/91)

In article <45262@netnews.upenn.edu>, ferris@gradient.cis.upenn.edu (Richard T. Ferris) writes:
> for long packet file transfers.  I have it hooked into one of the
> external protocols and it works fine when I am not in DV.  Is there
> anything special which I must do?  The external calls basically shell

I once had the same kind of problems with DESQview and Kermit. Here are two
suggestions that may help you. One, I would make sure that the DESQview window
is set for the COM port you are using. Secondly, make sure that Kermit is set
up to use the Bios for communication. For example, if you have COM1 or COM2 in
your set up file, change them to BIOS1 ot BIOS2 for kermit.