[comp.os.msdos.desqview] Tseng

rdippold@cancun.qualcomm.com (Ron Dippold) (06/20/91)

I've seen Tseng 4000 drivers for just about everything... anyone know if there
are any for DesqView?

--
Standard disclaimer applies, you legalistic hacks.     |     Ron Dippold

geoffw@xenitec.on.ca (Geoffrey Welsh) (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun20.022211.11331@qualcomm.com> rdippold@cancun.qualcomm.com (Ron Dippold) writes:
>I've seen Tseng 4000 drivers for just about everything... anyone know if there
>are any for DesqView?

   I haven't seen *any* SVGA drivers for DesqView!

Ralf.Brown@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun21.124958.28768@xenitec.on.ca>, geoffw@xenitec.on.ca (Geoffrey Welsh) wrote:
}   I haven't seen *any* SVGA drivers for DesqView!

That's because Quarterdeck hasn't told anybody the specs for DV video drivers!

--
{backbone}!cs.cmu.edu!ralf  ARPA: RALF@CS.CMU.EDU   FIDO: Ralf Brown 1:129/53
BITnet: RALF%CS.CMU.EDU@CARNEGIE   AT&Tnet: (412)268-3053 (school)   FAX: ask

bytor@grumpy.Berkeley.EDU (Ross Huitt) (06/27/91)

In article <286364a3@ralf>, Ralf.Brown@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU writes:
|> In article <1991Jun21.124958.28768@xenitec.on.ca>,
geoffw@xenitec.on.ca (Geoffrey Welsh) wrote:
|> }   I haven't seen *any* SVGA drivers for DesqView!
|>
|> That's because Quarterdeck hasn't told anybody the specs for DV video
drivers!

That's because, in reality, there aren't any formal (or semi-formal) specs.
They come pretty close to hard-coding support for the display types. It's
a real pity. Maybe DESQview/X will remedy this malady.