[comp.org.acm] Here is a quickie!!

TAINT021@ysub.ysu.edu (David M. Onder) (04/26/91)

I just wanted to post something on here to greet all those who may
read this....:)   We here at Youngstown State are ready for a very
good newsgroup.  I hope to be posting questions and various comments
to this newsgroup and to the two lists as well.  I am determined to
revitalize this dead organization of ours..... I will SUCCEED!!!!
I may need some ideas and help from the many readers of this, so
be prepared.....

I shall communicate with all of you again soon.....  See you later!!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
| : : |                      David M. Onder                      | : : |
| : : |                   YSU Computer Center                    | : : |
| : : |                Information Center Analyst                | : : |
| : : |  President - Youngstown State University Chapter - ASM   | : : |
| : : |  Secretary - Youngstown State University Chapter - ACM   | : : |
| : : |       Secretary - Ohio Xi Chapter - Pi Mu Epsilon        | : : |
/----------------------------------------------------------------------\
:  "Assume a virtue though you have it  | taint021@ysub.bitnet         :
:               not"                    | taint021@ysub.ysu.edu        :
:        {William Shakespeare}          | acm @ ysumax.macs.ysu.edu    :

DSB100@psuvm.psu.edu (David Barr) (04/26/91)

Whee.  The student ACM here at PSU is rather dull.  Give us tips for
livening up the club.  Just as long as it doesn't include more pizza. =)

---
 David Barr - Penn State CAC Student Consultant, Student Programmer
 DSB100@psuvm.psu.edu     | dsbarr@endor.cs.psu.edu
 barr@barrstl.scol.pa.us  |...psuvax1!hogbbs!barrstl!barr

faigin@aero.org (Daniel P. Faigin) (04/26/91)

In article <91115.153241TAINT021@ysub.ysu.edu>, TAINT021@ysub.ysu.edu (David
M. Onder) writes:
> I am determined to revitalize this dead organization of ours

Well, on the assumption that the "ours" refers to ACM, let me assure you that
it is far from dead. ACM is very active: both at the national and local level,
and at the SIG level.

Daniel
Government Chair, Los Angeles Chapter of the ACM (LA ACM)
Chair, LA ACM Technical Committee on Security Audit and Control (TACSAC)

Candidate for:
	Vice-chair, LA ACM
	Chair, SIGSAC

--
[W]:The Aerospace Corp. M1/055 * POB 92957 * LA, CA 90009-2957 * 213/336-8228
[Email]:faigin@aerospace.aero.org               [Vmail]:213/336-5454 Box#3149

wbt@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Bill Thomason) (04/26/91)

In article <91115.161332DSB100@psuvm.psu.edu> DSB100@psuvm.psu.edu (David Barr) writes:
>Whee.  The student ACM here at PSU is rather dull.  Give us tips for
>livening up the club.  Just as long as it doesn't include more pizza. =)

    I think it might be a good idea to post any/all suggestions.  Speaking
    from past experience as president of the student chapter, I could not
    think of anything that everyone wanted to do and was willing to put
    a little time into.

-bill
--
Bill Thomason                           Email: wbt@rex.cs.tulane.edu
Dept. of Computer Science                      thomason@rex.cs.tulane.edu

dcorbett@socs.uts.edu.au (Dan Corbett) (04/27/91)

(Daniel P. Faigin) writes:

>In article <91115.153241TAINT021@ysub.ysu.edu>, TAINT021@ysub.ysu.edu (David
>M. Onder) writes:
>> I am determined to revitalize this dead organization of ours

>Well, on the assumption that the "ours" refers to ACM, let me assure you that
>it is far from dead. ACM is very active: both at the national and local level,
>and at the SIG level.

>Daniel
>Government Chair, Los Angeles Chapter of the ACM (LA ACM)
>Chair, LA ACM Technical Committee on Security Audit and Control (TACSAC)

>Candidate for:
>        Vice-chair, LA ACM
>        Chair, SIGSAC

Great.  The last thing ACM needs is more politicians making vague and empty
promises like this guy.  How about more grass-roots programmers and other
computer professionals instead?

Dan Corbett				Local Affiliation:  What? A local ACM
Department of Computer Science		group in Australia?  Yeah.  Right.
University of Technology, Sydney
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia