[comp.org.acm] siggraph

cliff@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Clifford Stein) (04/26/91)

What's the deal with SIGGRAPH?  I'm a member, but haven't received anthing
about the SIGGRAPH '91 conference.  I thought they were suppose
to deliver material to all members.  When will the stuff come out?

--Cliff

--
cliff@jarthur.claremont.edu   |  "Ted Striker?  Never heard of him.  Wait!
cliff@jarthur.uucp  	      |  That's not exactly true.  We were like

gessel@cs.swarthmore.edu (Daniel Mark Gessel) (04/26/91)

In <11910@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> cliff@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Clifford Stein) writes:

>What's the deal with SIGGRAPH?  I'm a member, but haven't received anthing
>about the SIGGRAPH '91 conference.  I thought they were suppose
>to deliver material to all members.  When will the stuff come out?

>--Cliff

I just got my registration forms two days ago. I don't know how their
list is organized, but yours is probably on it's way.

Dan

--
Daniel Mark Gessel
Internet: gessel@cs.swarthmore.edu

vkk@duke.cs.duke.edu (Victor K. Kohnke) (04/27/91)

In article <qsvg2+p@rpi.edu> nautilus@nuge113.its.rpi.edu (John M Twilley) writes:
>Well, I am new to our local chapter, but it is dying...
>The main attraction is a talk server like IRC (called Connect).
>I am trying to get people involved, but the membership has
>dropped by an order of magnitude (~200 to about 20) in two years.

When I was a student chair at Indiana State University, aside from some
notible blunders headed by me, our Exec board had luck with things such as:

        a computer graphics series including
			a talk by the resident faculty expert
			a vidio which was supplied by Pixar (they were VERY
							    helpfull I will
							    try to find the
 							    address)
			doughnuts (begged from dunkin we tried not to buy
   				   anything unless we had to)

	a university wide programming contest (we begged for prizes at that
					       too and were quite
					       successful)

We had more success after the professors started to get involved.  I know
that Temple University, sorry to take your limelite Tara, has had success
in the past with inviting companies to their meeting.  For some reason
people seem to think that they should get a job after college and they come
to such meetings.

If I can come up with any ideas I will put them on and I hope that I can be
of some help.  I would like to think, although there are some who would
STRONGLY disagree with me, that I was successful as chapter Chair at ISU

Victor
'89
Indiana State University
kohnke@hercules.acpub.duke.edu

"no fancy signiture for those who don't know how to create one.  Only what
one can type and not get tired."

parghi@cs.uiuc.edu (Amit Parghi) (04/27/91)

hacker@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Thomas Hacker) writes:
>Does anyone know if there's an email address you can send to to request the
>materials for registration?

	cmsba@siggraph.org

	Or, better yet (since it's faster, CALL THEM!) at
	+1 312 644-6610

	Amit
--
	TCP is a trade mark of Unicliffe Ltd., Sandwich, Kent, England

sunyat@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Eric Hsiao) (04/28/91)

I heard that SIGGraph put out a compilation video of computer animation.
I was wondering if it was available on Laserdisc (CAV or CLV) and how much
would it be?  Any discount for members?  Where to obtain it?
                            Eric

--
| Internet: Eric_Hsiao@MTS.RPI.EDU > Read GIF News - a freely copied news  < |
|           sunyat@rpi.edu         > magazine in .GIF file format.  Color  < |

tosmith@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Tom Smith) (04/30/91)

In article <cwxg2#f@rpi.edu> sunyat@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Eric Hsiao) writes:
>I heard that SIGGraph put out a compilation video of computer animation.
>I was wondering if it was available on Laserdisc (CAV or CLV) and how much
>would it be?  Any discount for members?  Where to obtain it?
>                            Eric

   Just saw an ad in AmigaWorld for that tape. Don't have it near by but that
is where to look. It's done by Todd Rundengren (sp). This reminders me, I am
putting together an AmigaVision presentation for our student org table this
summer to recruit incoming students. I need lists of prominent people that
are part of ACM that I get info on. (People I can get stuff on in the library,
I got access to a scanner). I was surprised to find out Todd Rundengren (sp,
again) was a member of SIGGRAPH. Any other surprise out there for me? Please
Email the lists/mentionings to me so I can compile the list, and bibs help.
--
                                        Tom...
 "...Great, I'm surrounded by      + INTERNET tosmith@vela.acs.oakland.edu