[comp.org.acm] renew membership

stam@dgp.toronto.edu (Jos Stam) (05/01/91)

A couple of month ago I noticed ACM of my change in address. But it seems
that this hasn't been processed as I never got any form to renew my
membership. It seems that things are processed very slowly at ACM.
My question is: how can I come in contact RAPIDLY with ACM as I don't want
to miss SIGGRAPH. Does anybody know about telephone numbers or e-mail
addresses????

help,
Jos

boonmark@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Pasvorn Boonmark) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr30.163831.963@jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> stam@dgp.toronto.edu (Jos Stam) writes:
>A couple of month ago I noticed ACM of my change in address. But it seems
>that this hasn't been processed as I never got any form to renew my
>membership. It seems that things are processed very slowly at ACM.
>My question is: how can I come in contact RAPIDLY with ACM as I don't want
>to miss SIGGRAPH. Does anybody know about telephone numbers or e-mail
>addresses????
>
>help,
>Jos

You can get ACM, including to renew you membership, via e-mail.  I dit that
last Feb.  The e-mail address is:

	ACMHELP@ACMVM.BITNET

It is kinda nice since you do not have to pay 29 cent for stamp, or use
a long distance call.  The rep that I used to talk to was very helpful
and usually return an e-mail within one day (Talk about membership
services here :-)

Hope this help,
Pasvorn

spaf@cs.purdue.EDU (Gene Spafford) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr30.163831.963@jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> stam@dgp.toronto.edu (Jos Stam) writes:

   A couple of month ago I noticed ACM of my change in address. But it seems
   that this hasn't been processed as I never got any form to renew my
   membership. It seems that things are processed very slowly at ACM.
   My question is: how can I come in contact RAPIDLY with ACM as I don't want
   to miss SIGGRAPH. Does anybody know about telephone numbers or e-mail
   addresses????

The most rapid way to get a change is to call (212) 869-7440 and ask
for member services.

Otherwise, try sending e-mail:
    acmhelp@acmvm.bitnet	Member services
    meetings@acmvm.bitnet	Conference information
    sigs@acmvm.bitnet		SIG information & services
--
Gene Spafford
NSF/Purdue/U of Florida  Software Engineering Research Center,

theo.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (Theo Heavey) (05/02/91)

acmhelp@suvm.bitnet