[comp.org.acm] Electronic search through ACM publications

jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu (Jerome Yvon Plun) (04/30/91)

Is there any way to browse electonically through the articles and papers
published by ACM, at least the titles, authors and hopefully abstracts and
keywords, rather than pounding my way through printed collections of abstracts?

Thanks.

Jerome Plun

Jerome Plun            []  Is it a crime to want something else?
jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu    []  Is it a crime to believe in something different?
Washington University  []
St Louis, MO           []  "Smalltown England", New Model Army, Vengeance

jp@tygra.Michigan.COM (John Palmer) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr29.174822.29333@cec1.wustl.edu> jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu (Jerome Yvon Plun) writes:
>Is there any way to browse electonically through the articles and papers
"published by ACM, at least the titles, authors and hopefully abstracts and
"keywords, rather than pounding my way through printed collections of abstracts?
"
"Thanks.
"
"Jerome Plun
"

ACM uses Hypertext quite often. I once bought a demo system called
"Hypertext on Hypertext" which contained a bunch of articles on
Hypertext itself. I assume that the ACM has other papers under such a
system.  You might want to call them in New York and ask.
--
CAT-TALK Conferencing System   |  "Buster Bunny is an abused | E-MAIL:
+1 313 343 0800 (USR HST)      |   child. Trust me - I'm a   | jp@Michigan.COM

edward@priam.Berkeley.EDU (Edward Wang) (05/01/91)

On a related subject: Are there plans to publish an electronic
version of the ACM Guide?

ntm1169@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil (Mott Given) (05/04/91)

From article <1991Apr30.214658.28011@tygra.Michigan.COM>, by jp@tygra.Michigan.COM (John Palmer):
> In article <1991Apr29.174822.29333@cec1.wustl.edu> jyp@wucs1.wustl.edu (Jerome Yvon Plun) writes:
>>Is there any way to browse electonically through the articles and papers
> "published by ACM, at least the titles, authors and hopefully abstracts and

   ACM sells a CD-ROM that indexes many computer publications.  IT costs
$799 for 1st year for ACM members, and $999 for non-members.  Then you get
a 5% discount if you elect to have a standing order subscription.

Mott Given @ Defense Logistics Agency ,DSAC-TMP, P.O. Box 1605,
Bldg. 27  Section 1, Systems Automation Center, Columbus, OH 43216-5002
INTERNET: mgiven@dsac.dla.mil            Member Dayton, Ohio SIGART
UUCP:  ...osu-cis!dsac!mgiven
Phone:  614-238-9431    AUTOVON: 850-9431     FAX: 614-238-3214