[comp.org.acm] Student Chapter Rules

matth@mars.njit.edu (Matthew Harelick) (06/27/91)

What are the rules for membership in an ACM Chapter Club? Are graduate
students allowed to join? In many cases the ACM Chapter is also affiliated
with some student government. What occurs if the ACM rules are in
conflict with the student government rules?

Matt

zwbm07@hou.amoco.com (Walter Moore) (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun26.172300.5256@njitgw.njit.edu> matth@mars.njit.edu (Matthew Harelick) writes:

>What are the rules for membership in an ACM Chapter Club? Are graduate
>students allowed to join? In many cases the ACM Chapter is also affiliated
>with some student government. What occurs if the ACM rules are in
>conflict with the student government rules?
>
>Matt

The ACM student chapter where I was had graduate students in it
(although most had been there as undergrads as well).  All the things
you are talking about are very site-specific, I believe. As to what
occurs if the ACM rules are in conflict with the student gov't rule,
probably what ever the faculty advisor for the chapter says.

--
TTYL & TANSTAAFL ---------------- Walter Moore
      Internet: zwbm07@hou.amoco.com