[net.rec.birds] Osprey

mm@vaxine.UUCP (Mark Mudgett) (10/23/85)

There is an osprey currently living and hunting on Fort Meadow Reservoir
in Hudson and Marlboro, Mass.
The residents of the densely populated Hudson shore are treated daily
to a great view of the spectacle of the osprey fishing.  The bird doesn't
even care if you take a canoe out to watch it at closer range.
Ospreys are not rare in Massachusetts, but neither are they plentiful.
I have gone to some length to see or photograph ospreys fishing,
but this fall the sight is readily available.

In net.announce:
Gene Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332
CSNet:	Spaf @ GATech		ARPA:	Spaf%GATech.CSNet @ CSNet-Relay.ARPA
uucp:	...!{akgua,decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,linus,seismo,ulysses}!gatech!spaf
writes:
>Complicating the situation, we currently have no established procedure
>for deciding when to remove a group.  Candidates for removal run from
>groups with (probably) under 25 readers net-wide, such as
>net.rec.birds, to netwide garbage pails like net.flame.  How do we
>decided what is worth keeping and what to delete?  Who decides?  And
>when?

Gene, where do you get your figures ??  Leonard Nimoy's "In Search of USENET"?
--
 Mark C. Mudgett