[comp.windows.interviews] Menu bug

czim@martin.cns.caltech.edu (Chris Ziomkowski) (05/03/91)

Yesterday I posted an article asking for help with menus. Today I figured out
that the problem doesn't lie within my code, but within InterViews.  I have
good reason to want to create a menu with no items in it. (This will be a
"Windows" menus. If there are no open windows, there will be no items in the
menu, but the menu should still appear in the bar.) Unfortunately, InterViews
does not allow for this case.

Anyone out there know what I need to do in order to override this behavior?

Thanx for your help....

Chris.

Chris Ziomkowski
czim@cns.caltech.edu

gjb@cs.brown.edu (Gregory Brail) (05/04/91)

In article <1991May3.165453.14056@nntp-server.caltech.edu> czim@martin.cns.caltech.edu (Chris Ziomkowski) writes:
>Yesterday I posted an article asking for help with menus. Today I figured out
>that the problem doesn't lie within my code, but within InterViews.  I have
>good reason to want to create a menu with no items in it. (This will be a
>"Windows" menus. If there are no open windows, there will be no items in the
>menu, but the menu should still appear in the bar.)

I think InterViews does allow it, because I've done it by accident
before. Regardless, why don't you disable the menu (using
Control::Enable) so the user can't select it when it's empty? It's
kind of silly to have an empty pull-down menu.

				-greg
Greg Brail
Internet: gjb@cs.brown.edu  BITNET: gjb@browncs.bitnet
UUCP:	..uunet!brunix!gjb  Home:   (401)273-1172