[comp.windows.interviews] Interviews Papers Help!!

tonyb@cs.adelaide.edu.au (05/13/91)

I am having great difficulty getting the documentation printed from the .ps files.
It seems that the printers (and ghostscript) don't like the \special handling in
the dvi2ps that was used to create them (this is for 2.6 btw).

Has anyone else had similar problems, or better yet, has anyone else solved these
problems?

Thanks
Tony Blakey

skdutta@cs.tamu.edu (Saumen K Dutta) (05/15/91)

In article <3256@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> tonyb@cs.adelaide.edu.au () writes:

>I am having great difficulty getting the documentation printed from the .ps files.
>It seems that the printers (and ghostscript) don't like the \special handling in
>the dvi2ps that was used to create them (this is for 2.6 btw).
>
>Has anyone else had similar problems, or better yet, has anyone else solved these
>problems?
>
>Thanks
>Tony Blakey

I am also facing the same problem HELP!

Thanks
S.K. Dutta

--
     _                                   ||Internet: skdutta@cssun.tamu.edu
    (   /_     _ /   --/-/- _            ||Bitnet : skd8107@tamvenus.bitnet

simmons@crd.ge.com (simmons) (05/16/91)

I suggest you try changing the first line of the .ps file from
	%!PS-Adobe-2.0
to just
	%!
to turn off any attempt by your printer/demon to do anything
fancy with the file.  This has helped me to print some of the
InterViews documents.

		-- Mel Simmons
		   simmons@crd.ge.com