[comp.windows.interviews] Has anyone implemented and released tree & graph classes?

gjb@cs.brown.edu (Gregory Brail) (05/19/91)

In article <RSW.91May17233518@fiddle.cs.brown.EDU> rsw@cs.brown.EDU (Bob Weiner) writes:
>They would include display views that did some form of attractive display
>layout, e.g. aligning nodes at sublevels in a hierarchy.  Also, both vertical
>and horizontal layouts would be supported.

I wrote a class that displays a directed acyclic graph layout (which
works fine for trees, too) using Glyphs. It used to be a MonoScene,
but I converted it to a Page subclass. It seems to work pretty well
now, but scrolling is slow -- I implemented a generic scrollable,
Viewport-like class for Glyphs that scrolls by changing the allocation
of the interior glyph, and that's much slowed than scrolling with
Interactors and Viewports.

InterViews people: Are there plans for a Glyph-based "Viewport" object
that works faster than mine? ;-)

Bob: I'll show you my code if you want to see it.

				-greg

Greg Brail
Internet: gjb@cs.brown.edu  BITNET: gjb@browncs.bitnet
UUCP:	..uunet!brunix!gjb  Home:   (401)273-1172