[bionet.neuroscience] Is bionet.neuroscience on the air?

circadia@leland.Stanford.EDU (Russell Neil Van Gelder) (04/01/91)

	My query:  is something wrong with my news server?  I have been
subscribed to the newsgroup for the better part of a week, but so
far, no news...

	Russ

slehar@park.bu.edu (Steve Lehar) (04/01/91)

Well the newsgroup  just popped up on  my system with  your posting as
the very first, so I read you loud and clear.
--
(O)((O))(((O)))((((O))))(((((O)))))(((((O)))))((((O))))(((O)))((O))(O)
(O)((O))(((               slehar@park.bu.edu               )))((O))(O)

jfa0522@hertz.njit.edu (john f andrews ece) (04/01/91)

Hmmm... just appeared here, too. But I must say I am glad to see it.

							-=john

PS: Anybody into neuro imaging?

john f andrews                SYSOP           The Biomedical Engineering BBS
    24 hrs             300/1200/2400/4800               (201) 596-5679
INTERNET jfa0522@hertz.njit.edu                                CIS 73710,2600

mathew@jane.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Mathew Yeates) (04/02/91)

>PS: Anybody into neuro imaging?

now that you mention it ....

How can I tell from a CT how much damage has been done to the brain of
an aneurism patient. What do I look for?

Also, what are the relative merits of CT, PET, SPECT and MRI? Can
anything important be learned besides what is available in a CT?

Finally, can the patients prospect for a recovery be determined from
any of the above tests? (the patient is a relative)

Thanks

Mathew Yeates
mathew@jane.jpl.nasa.gov

efong@teri.bio.uci.edu (Eugene Fong) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr2.062447.1876@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov>, mathew@jane.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Mathew Yeates) writes:

|> >PS: Anybody into neuro imaging?
|> >
|> >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>
|> now that you mention it ....
|>
|> How can I tell from a CT how much damage has been done to the brain of
|> an aneurism patient. What do I look for?
|>
|> Also, what are the relative merits of CT, PET, SPECT and MRI? Can
|> anything important be learned besides what is available in a CT?
|>
|> Finally, can the patients prospect for a recovery be determined from
|> any of the above tests? (the patient is a relative)
|>
|> Thanks
|>
|> Mathew Yeates
|> mathew@jane.jpl.nasa.gov

Speaking about imaging does anyone do quantitative measures of
brain volume from MRI scans.  This would be very useful in noting
the amount of atrophy present
--
Eugene Fong

kristoff@genbank.bio.net (David Kristofferson) (04/03/91)

>         My query:  is something wrong with my news server?  I have been
> subscribed to the newsgroup for the better part of a week, but so
> far, no news...
>
>         Russ

We maintain the bionet USENET groups and can explain the situation
above.  The bionet groups are a combination of USENET distributions
and e-mail lists at four different sites.  The newsgroups were put
into place a week or so ago but the mailing lists still have not been
implemented at two sites in Europe.  I expect that this will happen by
Thursday of this week and apologize for the delay.  At that time the
group discussion leader will post an official welcome here and an
announcement will be made on bionet.general.  Until that time you will
not create any problems by posting to bionet.neuroscience, but
messages posted before the official opening will not be distributed to
all of our e-mail subscribers.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff@genbank.bio.net

kristoff@genbank.bio.net (David Kristofferson) (04/13/91)

The bionet.neuroscience newsgroup and accompanying e-mail lists should
now be functional.  This is a final test.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff@genbank.bio.net

usenet@nlm.nih.gov (usenet news poster) (04/13/91)

Yet another test of the USENET distribution of the newgroup.  Please ignore.