[comp.os.coherent] Misc.

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (04/10/91)

Stephane Doucet <73207.1247@CompuServe.COM> writes:

>listing of undeleted mail and one where you can REPLY to mail or
>also FORWARD. Does CoMB do this? How difficult is it to use remotely?
>I am running COherent 3.1...do I have to make a fix to have my users
>use Kermit to transfer files remotely from their terminals to and
>from COherent?

I had to use COherent for some weeks for mailing because my main system
with Interactive crashed (hard disk failure). I used the following software:
SMAIL 2.5. (use fixstack 2000, not 1000)
WMAIl 3.63 (MINIX) for mailing/replying (the best mail program for Coherent
I still know about)
COMB 1.27 for reading (still not perfect but for reading a nice program).

This combination should fit also for your needs. I used it daily instead of
sendmail 5.61 and ELM.
If someone is interested I can try to get WMAIL for COherent ftp'ed to
piggy.

Joachim

Joachim Riedel                           joachim@jrix.radig.de
Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48