[comp.os.coherent] cnews

rmk@frog.UUCP (Rick Kelly) (04/08/91)

As one of the gang of three who have brought cnews to Coherent, I wonder if
anybody has downloaded it from piggy, and tried to set it up.

I am interested in feedback.  As time goes on I will start a FAQ for cnews,
which I will post here once a month.

Rick Kelly	rmk@frog.UUCP	rmk@rmkhome.UUCP	frog!rmkhome!rmk

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (04/10/91)

rmk@frog.UUCP (Rick Kelly) writes:

>As one of the gang of three who have brought cnews to Coherent, I wonder if
>anybody has downloaded it from piggy, and tried to set it up.

It is on the way ! It's now in Oldenburg, Northern Germany and maybe in
some days I receive a diskette with CNEWS.
Some weeks ago my harddisk crashed and I had to use my Laptop and Coherent
for Mail but still had no "Emergency machine" for News. So I now fight with
WNEWS 3.0 from MINIXUG (NLMUG) and still wait for CNEWS. I will install it
on my Coherent machine and then you will get feedback. But not everyone has
FTP-Access.

Joachim

Joachim Riedel                           joachim@jrix.radig.de
Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48
D-6050 Offenbach am Main
Tel. +49 69 85 62 25

shawn@jpradley.jpr.com (Shawn Blair) (04/13/91)

In article <25080@frog.UUCP> rmk@frog.UUCP (Rick Kelly) writes:

>As one of the gang of three who have brought cnews to Coherent, I wonder if
>anybody has downloaded it from piggy, and tried to set it up.

   I haven't d'loaded cnews yet, but it also exists on the mwcbbs.  My question
pertains to ftp from piggy.  Since most Coherent users won't have ftp available
on their systems, how does one get files from piggy and other ftp sites.  For

shawn
Shawn R. Blair
shawn@jpr.com