[comp.os.coherent] TASS 3.0 - files corrupted after OCEAN hop ?

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (04/16/91)

Here is the checksum list for the three parts of TASS to find out
if and what part get corrupt

sum -r :

58712   206 output           # The whole uuencoded part
59044    73 tass.aa          # Part 1
02316    73 tass.ab          # Part 2
33891    61 tass.ac          # Part 3
19333   150 tass.tar.Z       # after uudecoding

Joachim

+---------------------------------------+-------+-------------------+-------+
|    Joachim Riedel                     | @   @ |    Don't worry,   | @   @ |
|    Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48      |  \_/  |    keep smiling   |  \_/  |
|    D-6050 Offenbach am Main           +-------+-------------------+-------+
|    Tel. +49 69 85 62 25               |       joachim@jrix.radig.de       |
+---------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (04/17/91)

Hi,

Rick Nickle mailed me, he couldn't unpack TASS. So I posted the
sum -r - Results I forgot in the posting.
Now I received his answer that a friend could unpack it without any
problems. So be patient if "your" TASS won't unpack, ask for a copy
at another machine.
Nevertheless I asked Rick to put it to piggy so that all who have the
possibilities to ftp can get it.

NEWS about TASS:

Rich Skrenta, the author of TASS, told me that he will post a new
version to alt.sources in some days. He now is looking for us
"small unixer" to use less memory.
Guy van Wuellen, who ported it to MINIX, will afterwards to a repost
of the sources to comp.os.minix.
comp.os.minix is a discussion group but always has sources. I don't know
why but if you want Sources for COherent from the news you should try
comp.os.minix.

Joachim

rmk@rmkhome.UUCP (Rick Kelly) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr17.053351.12882@jrix.radig.de> joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) writes:
>comp.os.minix is a discussion group but always has sources. I don't know
>why but if you want Sources for COherent from the news you should try
>comp.os.minix.

Perhaps we should be try to get a comp.sources.coherent or alt.sources.coherent
group going?

Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.UUCP	frog!rmkhome!rmk	rmk@frog.UUCP