[comp.os.coherent] Problems compiling clam

michaelv@iastate.edu (Vanloon Michael Lee) (04/20/91)

I just ftp'd the clam-1.41 source from piggy, and I'm have some trouble
compiling it.  I'm using the newest (v 3.10) version of Coherent.  When I try
to make the clam program, it goes thru all the motions, almost getting
finished, and then aborts with an error when doing the final linking of the
relocatable object modules.  The error says that there is no 'ndir' (or
libndir.a) library available, and that's one of the libraries that the make
file wants to link with.  I tried taking out that particular "-lndir" line, but
then it says I have three unresolved function calls: "opendir_," "closedir_,"
and "readdir_."  The ndir or libndir library seems to be somewhat standard for
unix.  Is there any way to get the source for this library and a header file?
Or should I try something else to get it to compile?  Any help would be much
appreciated--I can't STAND that sh that comes with the system!  Thanks...

michaelv@iastate.edu

shawn@jpradley.jpr.com (Shawn Blair) (04/28/91)

In article <michaelv.672132078@hobbes.cc.iastate.edu> michaelv@iastate.edu (Vanloon Michael Lee) writes:
>I just ftp'd the clam-1.41 source from piggy, and I'm have some trouble
>compiling it.  I'm using the newest (v 3.10) version of Coherent.  When I try
>to make the clam program, it goes thru all the motions, almost getting
>finished, and then aborts with an error when doing the final linking of the
>relocatable object modules.  The error says that there is no 'ndir' (or
>libndir.a) library available, and that's one of the libraries that the make
>file wants to link with.  I tried taking out that particular "-lndir" line, but
>then it says I have three unresolved function calls: "opendir_," "closedir_,"
>and "readdir_."  The ndir or libndir library seems to be somewhat standard for
>unix.  Is there any way to get the source for this library and a header file?
>Or should I try something else to get it to compile?  Any help would be much
>appreciated--I can't STAND that sh that comes with the system!  Thanks...

The libndir is available from mwcbbs.  Download this and put it in your library
directory and you will have no further problem.  The file is not very large.
If you do not have access to mwcbbs, somebody may be willing to email it to
you.  BTW, most of these are available on MWC diskette set they are now sending
out.  For $35 it contains a large number of the ports to Coherent and saves the
uucp connection time.

shawn.

--      Shawn R. Blair   ~  shawn@jpr.com                                    --
--      ...murphy!jpradley!rpmc!{srblair!}shawn (hourly)                     --
--      uunet!sir-alan!admiral!rpmc!{srblair!}shawn (weekly)                 --