[comp.os.coherent] New kernel

michaelv@iastate.edu (Vanloon Michael Lee) (04/21/91)

First, thanks to all those who responded with answers to my clam compiling
problem.  I got libndir, and it was just the thing. :)

Next request: would someone like to be so kind as to post the new kernel from
MWC on piggy?  (If it's legal, that is.)  I would like to get ahold of it, but
am having some problems getting UUCP working quite right (in addition to my
very monstrous phone bill! ;)  Thanks again.

michaelv@iastaste.edu

michaelv@iastate.edu (Vanloon Michael Lee) (04/24/91)

I'll repeat a previous request.  It seems that MWC have taken the new kernel
off their bbs.  So, anyone who had the opportunity to download it while it was
there, send it to me please!  There are some things in it I'd like to work
with.  Thanks so much...

michaelv@iastate.edu

Michael L. VanLoon                                     "Ignorance is bliss..."
michaelv@iastate.edu      --       Computer Engineering, Iowa State University

shawn@jpradley.jpr.com (Shawn Blair) (04/29/91)

In article <michaelv.672444162@hobbes.cc.iastate.edu> michaelv@iastate.edu (Vanloon Michael Lee) writes:
>I'll repeat a previous request.  It seems that MWC have taken the new kernel
>off their bbs.  So, anyone who had the opportunity to download it while it was
>there, send it to me please!  There are some things in it I'd like to work
>with.  Thanks so much...

If you call MWC support, they will send you the kernel on diskette.  This will
ensure that their are no copyright issues by emailing or posting to an ftp
site.  MWC mentioned no cost for sending out the update so it should be fairly
simple and inexpensive.

--      Shawn R. Blair   ~  shawn@jpr.com                                    --
--      ...murphy!jpradley!rpmc!{srblair!}shawn (hourly)                     --
--      uunet!sir-alan!admiral!rpmc!{srblair!}shawn (weekly)                 --