[comp.os.coherent] Coherent Digest Vol. 91.2, No. 7

rose@galtee.cs.wisc.edu (Scott McNealy) (05/02/91)

Coherent Digest Vol. 91.2, No. 7      Wed May  1 12:34:07 CDT 1991

Today's Topics:

   uux problem
   UUX
   More CoMBing

Administrivia:

  The Coherent Digest is a forum for discussion of the MWC Coherent 3.x
  operating system.  Send submissions to "coherent@cs.wisc.edu" and
  administrivia to "coherent-reqeust@cs.wisc.edu".  Previous issues are
  archived for anonymous FTP access on piggy.ucsb.edu in the directory
  "pub/coherent/mail-list".

Date: 27 Apr 91 11:57:34
From: cattie!dsinc!marks (Mark Schaffer)
To: dsinc!coherent
Subject: uux problem

Hello,

Has anyone out there ever encounter the following error:

	uux has failed, status 0x0001

uux had echo'd this to me the other day, but the mail message seemed to
get to me anyhow, but with the following message at the end of the
header:
	uux failed.  code 65

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments?

- -----
Mark Schaffer                            ...!dsinc!cattie!marks
314 Grays Lane                               cattie%marks@dsi.com
Haverford, PA  19041                     running under COHERENT 3.1.0+

------------------------------

Date: 27 Apr 91 17:48:49
From: sdoucet@f1link.OCUnix.ON.Ca (Stephane Doucet)
To: coherent
Subject: UUX

Mark,
   Strangely enough I have had that same error....actually it was a
user on my system. In his case the mail was returned to him with that
message but it also went through Internet to the destination with no
ill effects. It has never manifested itself again. So don't worry? :)

Any hints for me for CoMB now? *grin*

- -Stephane
(sdoucet@f1link.OCUnix.ON.Ca)

------------------------------

Date: 29 Apr 91 12:06:24
From: sdoucet@f1link.OCUnix.ON.Ca (Stephane Doucet)
To: coherent
Subject: More CoMBing

Something strange I just noticed...when using from remote...the
moment I enter a userid to MAIL to...the letters used for the menu
are unusable to type a userid. Sure...I could change all my userid's
to numbers but let's get real...

I have the updated version of libcurses, I set TERM=vt100...what else?

- -Stephane without CoMB
(sdoucet@f1link.OCUnix.ON.Ca)

P.S. What a pain I am making myself huh? :)

End of Coherent Digest Vol. 91.2, No. 7

--
	Scott Rose
	rose@cs.wisc.edu