[comp.os.coherent] Help those who can't FTP sources !!

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (04/27/91)

The discussion about source posting to comp.os.coherent is still
going on so I wait and see what happens. Seems to get interesting now.
I like the ideas of creating a comp.sources.small-unix.

A friend now ftp'ed  WMAIL, WNEWS, TASS for me to piggy.

Only some people have possibilities to FTP sources so please help.
I now found just one article from Rich Nickle (Mr. CoMB) who offers
such a help via EMAIL.

But I think that there a lot of more people out there.

I was in the same position as most people. Sitting here in my home
at my machine (only fun time Unixer, I earn my money with assembler
programming). And I had the luck to get EMAIL from a guy who offers
help, sources he ftp'ed from piggy.
Otherwise Coherent has just been a waste of money, nevertheless I only
had to pay update for Coherent 2.3.43 (1985 !!) to 3.1.

So make people lucky,

Joachim

+---------------------------------------+-------+-------------------+-------+
|    Joachim Riedel                     | @   @ |    Don't worry,   | @   @ |
|    Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48      |  \_/  |    keep smiling   |  \_/  |
|    Tel. +49 69 85 62 25               |       joachim@jrix.radig.de       |
+---------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+

lipka@lip.hanse.de (Michael Lipka) (04/30/91)

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) writes:

>Only some people have possibilities to FTP sources so please help.
>I now found just one article from Rich Nickle (Mr. CoMB) who offers
>such a help via EMAIL.

>But I think that there a lot of more people out there.

I've FTP-access for a few days more. Most of the
piggy-sources are already here. I think many of them are
too long to send them via e-mail, but I'll copy them to
5.25'' HD's (tar) or 3.5'' (atari-st-format) (your's of
course. Include carriage please).

The HD's will be written in background,- much better then
DOS, eh? :-)
--
Michael Lipka, Buxtehude, Germany

shawn@jpradley.jpr.com (Shawn Blair) (05/06/91)

In article <185@lip.hanse.de> lipka@lip.hanse.de (Michael Lipka) writes:
>joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) writes:
>
>>Only some people have possibilities to FTP sources so please help.
>>I now found just one article from Rich Nickle (Mr. CoMB) who offers
>>such a help via EMAIL.
>
>I've FTP-access for a few days more. Most of the
>piggy-sources are already here. I think many of them are
>too long to send them via e-mail, but I'll copy them to
>5.25'' HD's (tar) or 3.5'' (atari-st-format) (your's of
>course. Include carriage please).

That's super!  Thank you Michael!  Is there anybody with FTP access willing to
do this from within the U.S.?

Shawn.

--      Shawn R. Blair   ~  shawn@jpr.com                                    --
--      ...murphy!jpradley!rpmc!{srblair!}shawn (hourly)                     --
--      uunet!sir-alan!admiral!rpmc!{srblair!}shawn (weekly)                 --