[comp.os.coherent] COMB 129

KWFRIBER@MTUS5.BITNET (05/10/91)

When I try to compile CoMB 129, it compiles OK, but I get a segment violation
and core dump when I try to run the program.  The core dumps, and I get a
shell prompt.  Earlier versions seemed to work OK.  Any hints?

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (05/27/91)

KWFRIBER@MTUS5.BITNET writes:

>When I try to compile CoMB 129, it compiles OK, but I get a segment violation
>and core dump when I try to run the program.  The core dumps, and I get a
>shell prompt.  Earlier versions seemed to work OK.  Any hints?

I also use COMB 129 here without problems (from piggy, ftp'ed 10th May)
You should watch make if it runs   fixstack   !!!
fixstack is necessary, without fixstacking comb can coredump.

If that won't help you should ask Rick Nickle. I'm sure he will help you.

Joachim

|    Joachim Riedel                     | @   @ |    Don't worry,   | @   @ |
|    Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48      |  \_/  |    keep smiling   |  \_/  |
|    Tel. +49 69 85 62 25               |       joachim@jrix.radig.de       |