[comp.os.coherent] Screen Blanker

dan@ni.umd.edu (Dan Burns) (05/22/91)

I am looking for a screen blanker program that works with Coherent.
Preferably, I would like one that activates after a number of seconds or
minutes of inactivity.

Does one come with the package that I can't find, or is one available via
ftp from piggy?

Thanks

rmk@rmkhome.UUCP (Rick Kelly) (05/25/91)

In article <1991May22.124144.10581@ni.umd.edu> dan@ni.umd.edu (Dan Burns) writes:

>I am looking for a screen blanker program that works with Coherent.
>Preferably, I would like one that activates after a number of seconds or
>minutes of inactivity.
>
>Does one come with the package that I can't find, or is one available via
>ftp from piggy?

What version do you have?  I have 3.1.0 and my screen blanks after five
minutes or so.

Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.UUCP	frog!rmkhome!rmk	rmk@frog.UUCP

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (05/30/91)

rmk@rmkhome.UUCP (Rick Kelly) writes:
> In article <1991May22.124144.10581@ni.umd.edu> dan@ni.umd.edu (Dan Burns) writes:
> >
> What version do you have?  I have 3.1.0 and my screen blanks after five
> minutes or so.

I don't ask the question but just want to tell you one thing:

Coherent 3.1.0 blanks the screen after several minutes on my laptop
(Monochrom/Hercules compatibel Graphiccard on board).
Coherent 3.1.0 did not (!) blank the screen on my VGA-Card (Tseng ET3000)
Coherent 3.1.0 did not (!) blank the screen on PC's using ATI EGA-WONDER
Coherent 3.1.0 did not (!) blank the screen on PC's using Optima MEGA (ET4000)

I would say: Screen blanking did not work with a VGA card.

Joachim

|    Joachim Riedel                     | @   @ |    Don't worry,   | @   @ |
|    Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48      |  \_/  |    keep smiling   |  \_/  |
|    Tel. +49 69 85 62 25               |       joachim@jrix.radig.de       |