[comp.os.coherent] purchasing Coherent

marc@skypod.guild.org (Marc Fournier) (05/26/91)

Hi Netters,

	I'm looking to buy Coherent. I've tried Minix and am having
so many problems to just get a mail/news feed going that I'm getting
tired of it.  Right now I'm looking for the 1-800 number to call
and order Coherent...anyone??

	Also, is there a good news reading program that comes with it
or is accessibly through the network.  I"m not asking for it to be
sent to me right away, just what's available.

Thanks for the help....

--
| Marc G. Fournier   (416) 250-8589  |   Haven't thought of anything  |
| Toronto, Ontario                   |     real witty to say here!    |

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (05/30/91)

marc@skypod.guild.org (Marc Fournier) writes:

>	Also, is there a good news reading program that comes with it
>or is accessibly through the network.  I"m not asking for it to be
>sent to me right away, just what's available.

Newssoftware-/readers are available through the network, via FTP from
piggy.csb.edu or from the MWCBBS, a customer support Mailbox from MWC.
As far as I know are now available:

cnews .... (the wellknown newsprogram)
rn         (newsreader)
WNEWS3.0   (a MINIX newsprogram bnews-alike but smaller, modified for COherent)
G-NEWS 1.01 (a small but good news program with newsreader for Coherent)
TASS 3.2   (a newsreader with a nice curses interface)

Joachim

|    Joachim Riedel                     | @   @ |    Don't worry,   | @   @ |
|    Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48      |  \_/  |    keep smiling   |  \_/  |
|    Tel. +49 69 85 62 25               |       joachim@jrix.radig.de       |