[comp.os.coherent] German Keyboard Driver

ws@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Wolfgang Strunk) (05/21/91)

Does anyone know, where to get the german keyboard driver for coherent
release 3.1 ?

I bought the newest release and was told that the keyboard driver is
included only in the full version, not in the update. Can I get it
by ftp or mail from piggy or elsewhere ?

Ialso need a driver for a archive tape streamer.

Wolfgang Strunk  (ws@opal.cs.tuberlin.de)
Wolgang Strunk,                            Institut fuer Angewandte Informatik
Tel: 030 314 24 784                                 Sekr. FR 5-6
ws@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de                    Franklinstr. 28/29,  1000 Berlin 10

jochenw@rama.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Jochen Wolters) (06/04/91)

  In the German UNIX magazine "iX" you'll find a programm which kind of
remaps the keyboard. So, you can switch from the German to the US-map
and vice cersa "on the flight". Maybe this helps...

  Greetinx,
            Jochen.
--
Jochen Wolters       |       jochenw@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
"Taniwha is waiting for me just below the surface so bright..."

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (06/06/91)

jochenw@rama.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Jochen Wolters) writes:

>  In the German UNIX magazine "iX" you'll find a programm which kind of
>remaps the keyboard. So, you can switch from the German to the US-map
>and vice cersa "on the flight". Maybe this helps...

I have a "Grandpa Coherent", version 2.3.43 of 1985. It had a utility
to modify your keyboard with a program. You had to edit a ASCII-File
with the key descriptions, call that program (I think setkeyb or some-
thing like that) with the name of the ASCII-File and it worked.
It was not a program of MWC itself but was in the kit you bought from
Victor Computers. At that time Coherent cost, today's exchange rate, $ 1000.

I really wonder why they still have not such a utility in their newest
version.

Joachim

|    Joachim Riedel                     | @   @ |    Don't worry,   | @   @ |
|    Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48      |  \_/  |    keep smiling   |  \_/  |
|    Tel. +49 69 85 62 25               |       joachim@jrix.radig.de       |