[comp.os.coherent] un-zooer for coherent????

root@citrus.uucp (Joel M. Baldwin) (06/13/91)

I'm getting files off of my news feed that are in the *.zoo format.  I'd
like to be able to take a look at these files before I xfer them over
to DOS.  I have the source to ZOO, but it says outright that the small
model isn't supported, but will be in a future release.  Has a release
of zoo come out that will work in small model?   Anyone have a un-zoo'er
working on coherent?

--
Joel M. Baldwin					H ( 916 ) 383-9470
N6NPL						W    "    452-1481

hamid@uop.uop.edu (Mohd H Misnan) (06/14/91)

root@citrus.uucp (Joel M. Baldwin) writes:

>I'm getting files off of my news feed that are in the *.zoo format.  I'd
>like to be able to take a look at these files before I xfer them over
>to DOS.  I have the source to ZOO, but it says outright that the small
>model isn't supported, but will be in a future release.  Has a release
>of zoo come out that will work in small model?   Anyone have a un-zoo'er
>working on coherent?

	Joachim already ported ZOO to Coherent and it is avaliable from
	anonymous ftp piggy.ucsb.edu. If you don't have any access to
	piggy, I'll mail it to you (if you want too). Hope this can help
	you...

	-mid-

>--
>Joel M. Baldwin					H ( 916 ) 383-9470
>N6NPL						W    "    452-1481
>uunet!csusac.ecs.csus.edu!citrus!root		Sacramento CA.		/\../\
--
*-------------------------*----------------------------------------*
| Mohd H Misnan           | INET: hmisnan@madvax.uop.edu           |

hamid@uop.uop.edu (Mohd H Misnan) writes:

>root@citrus.uucp (Joel M. Baldwin) writes:

	Ugghh.. sorry, the previous posting suppose to be a reply to Joel
	and not to comp.os.coherent. (huh..! next time I should remember to
	hit r and not f !).

	-mid-
--
*-------------------------*----------------------------------------*

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (06/15/91)

root@citrus.uucp (Joel M. Baldwin) writes:
> I'm getting files off of my news feed that are in the *.zoo format.  I'd
> like to be able to take a look at these files before I xfer them over
> to DOS.  I have the source to ZOO, but it says outright that the small
> model isn't supported, but will be in a future release.  Has a release
> of zoo come out that will work in small model?   Anyone have a un-zoo'er
> working on coherent?

Yes. Several months ago I ported ZOO (version 2.01) to Coherent. A friend
ftp'ed it to piggy.ucsb.edu. There you can get it.
If you can't ftp ask a friend or here in the group, there a lot of nice guys
who will help you.
If you have such a version of ZOO you have to decrease the Buffersize from
8K to 2K,
Otherwise it will coredump.
(The rest of porting is easy)

Joachim

|    Joachim Riedel                     | @   @ |    Don't worry,   | @   @ |
|    Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48      |  \_/  |    keep smiling   |  \_/  |
|    Tel. +49 69 85 62 25               |       joachim@jrix.radig.de       |