[comp.os.coherent] Coherent's Console Interface

fleek@expert.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Fleek) (06/20/91)

I am considering purchasing Coherent.  What does the interface look like?
Do you have VT100 windows controlled with a mouse, or do you have to switch
between full screen sessions?

Thanks

Dan Fleek
Purdue University
fleek@expert.cc.purdue.edu

bill@unixland.natick.ma.us (Bill Heiser) (06/24/91)

In article <13767@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> fleek@expert.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Fleek) writes:
>I am considering purchasing Coherent.  What does the interface look like?
>Do you have VT100 windows controlled with a mouse, or do you have to switch
>between full screen sessions?

Coherent doesn't do anything that fancy.  What you see is basically the
same as what you see at the dos prompt.  No mouse, no fancy windows, etc.

--
bill@unixland.natick.ma.us     ...!uunet!think!unixland!bill
OR ..!uunet!world!unixland!bill     heiser@world.std.com

don@delta.com (Don Irmiger) (06/24/91)

> In article <13767@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> fleek@expert.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Fleek)
>  writes:
> >I am considering purchasing Coherent.  What does the interface look like?
> >Do you have VT100 windows controlled with a mouse, or do you have to switch
> >between full screen sessions?
> >

> Coherent doesn't do anything that fancy.  What you see is basically the
> same as what you see at the dos prompt.  No mouse, no fancy windows, etc.

And we LIKE it that way...
(thank you Dana Carvey)

--
Donald K. Irmiger III                                 UUCP: uunet!delta.com!don
Data Systems Coordinator                          Internet: don@delta.com