[bionet.genome.arabidopsis] codon usage

richards@CSHL.ORG (Eric Richards in Delbruck) (04/20/91)

Dear Network:
	Has anyone assembled a codon usage table for Arabidopsis
genes?  Is there much deviation from codon usage in other plants?
I would like to get a copy of such a table if possible....
Thanks much!
			Eric Richards (richards@cshl.org)

CHERRY@FRODO.MGH.HARVARD.EDU (Mike Cherry 726-5955) (04/22/91)

>        Has anyone assembled a codon usage table for Arabidopsis
>genes?  Is there much deviation from codon usage in other plants?
>                        Eric Richards (richards@cshl.org)

I have created codon usage tables for the top 47 major species represented
in GenBank release 63. Within the next month I hope to update these
tables. I currently available tables were produced in April 1990. You can
obtain these tables via anonymous ftp from frodo.mgh.harvard.edu and
iubio.bio.indiana.edu. If you don't have access to Internet you can obtain
the tables from the embl-heidelberg.de mail server. You can also send me
an electronic mail request. Below is a list of the higher plant tables I
produced. All tables are in the GCG codon usage table format. To answer
Eric's second question, I found codon usage in plants generally fell into
two groups: monocots and dicots.

Mike Cherry
cherry@frodo.mgh.harvard.edu

File Name	Organism/Organelle
==========	=================================
ATH.COD		Arabidopsis thaliana
BLY.COD		Hordeum vulgare (Barley)
MZE.COD		Zea mays (Maize)
PEA.COD		Pisum sativum (Pea)
PET.COD		Petunia sp.
PHV.COD		Phaseolus vulgaris (Lima bean)
POT.COD		Solanum tuberosum (Potatoe)
RIC.COD		Oryza sativa (Rice)
SOY.COD		Glycine max (Soybean)
TOB.COD		Nicotiana tabacum (Tobacco)
TOM.COD		Lycopersicon esculentum (Tomato)
WHT.COD		Triticum aestivum (Wheat)

harper@csc.fi (04/22/91)

In article <910421202052.1528@Frodo.MGH.Harvard.EDU>, CHERRY@FRODO.MGH.HARVARD.EDU (Mike Cherry 726-5955) writes:

MC> If you don't have access to Internet you can obtain
MC> the tables from the embl-heidelberg.de mail server.

Europeans will also find the codon tables on NIC.FUNET.FI (128.214.6.100)
in the directory /pub/sci/molbio/codon

Login via anonymous ftp...  userid anonymous, password your_ID@your_NODE

RGDS -=ROB=-