[comp.compression] Request for DCC '91 Conference Info

eric@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Eric Schneider) (04/20/91)

Hi -

	Could someone please mail me or post a list of papers from the DCC '91
conference?  Also, I'd like to get information on obtaining the proceedings.

			thanks in advance,

			Eric Schneider

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Eric Schneider, Software Engineer                                            |
| Advanced Hardware Architectures                                              |
| "Any sufficiently rigged demo is indistinguishable from advanced technology".|
*------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
--
*------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

raveling@Unify.com (Paul Raveling) (04/25/91)

To: eric@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Eric Schneider)
Subject: Re: Request for DCC '91 Conference Info

In article <1991Apr19.174846.24022@serval.net.wsu.edu> you write:
> Hi -
>
> 	Could someone please mail me or post a list of papers from the DCC '91
> conference?  Also, I'd like to get information on obtaining the proceedings.

	This appeared to be a good conference, and it's worth trying to
	get a copy of the proceedings.  I looked at them while skiing
	at Snowbird but didn't attend the conference.

	If noone else posts a list of papers I'll do it when time allows.
	I'd guess there were about 4 dozen papers, plus perhaps the same
	number in a poster session, plus another couple dozen papers
	in two workshops held in conjunction with DCC '91.

	I'm also trying to get a copy of proceedings.  The best contact,
	by email, is Nancy Campbell  (CESDIS@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov).
	They distributed all copies that were available at Snowbird,
	and I haven't determined yet whether more will go on sale
	by the usual IEEE ordering mechanism or not.

	If they'll be available "as usual", you'd order from:

		IEEE				800-678-4333
		445 Hues Lane		or	201-562-3800
		Piscataway, NJ

	The title is:

		Proceedings of the DCC '91 Data Compression Conference
		Edited by James Storer, Brandeis and John Reif, Duke

Paul Raveling
Raveling@Unify.com

Paul Raveling
Raveling@Unify.com