[comp.compression] Compression on IBM/MVS machines?

morphy@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Jones Maxime Murphy) (05/24/91)

Does anyone know of compression utilities for IBM mainframes which are
compatible with any of the commonly available PC or Unix compression
utilities?
Jones
--
:)

thom@sea.ieee.org (Thom Henderson) (06/08/91)

 > Does anyone know of compression utilities for IBM mainframes which are
 > compatible with any of the commonly available PC or Unix compression
 > utilities?

Based on your subject line, I assume you're looking for something for MVS,
yes?

There is an MVS version of ARC due to be released soon.  Give SEA a call at
201-473-5153 and ask for CJ Wang if you'd like details.

--- Group 2.23
 * Origin: System Enhancement Associates  (107/517)
--
 Thom Henderson - Internet:  thom@sea.ieee.org