[rec.hunting] rec.hunting Digest V1 #1

gjb@bellcore.bellcore.com (G. Blanchard) (03/13/91)

From: nvuxl!gjb@bellcore.bellcore.com (G. Blanchard)
OK, I'll start. I have two questions to anyone interested.

First, any idea about the length and bag limits the Feds have
in mind for this year's waterfowl season? (I'm speaking in general
terms here & realize that these things will vary when the states
put in their $0.02 worth)

Second, what are the regs on deer hunting in Michigan? Specifically
I'm interested to know if I can use a rifle.

Thanks & Cheers,

Gary B.

michael@xanadu.com (Michael McClary) (03/14/91)

From: michael@xanadu.com (Michael McClary)
In article <325@erb1.engr.wisc.edu> nvuxl!gjb@bellcore.bellcore.com (G. Blanchard) writes:

>Second, what are the regs on deer hunting in Michigan? Specifically
>I'm interested to know if I can use a rifle.

All Michigan is divided into three parts:
 - Shotgun
 - Rifle
 - Superior

i.e. There is a horizontal line about midway up the lower peninsula.
Below it, firearms deer hunting is limited to shotguns and pistols,
above it, rifles may be used.

Hunting rulebooks are available wherever hunting licenses are sold,
which is most businesses (including several major chain stores) that
sell hunting clothes, ammunition, guns, etc.