[rec.hunting] Big Bucks??

roa@davinci.acc.virginia.edu (Robert O. Anderson Jr) (03/28/91)

From: tjm@sei.cmu.edu (Todd Miller)

>First of all, I think a newsgroup for hunters is long overdue.
>I applaud the efforts of everyone involved.

>O.K., now on to my inquiry.  Is anyone familiar with a type of
>deer clover that is supposed to enhance antler development?  I've
>seen this product featured on "Buckmasters," and in several
>hunting mags.  Supposedly, the company will provide interested
>parties with the names of folks in their area currently using
>the product, for first hand experiences, etc.

>If anyone knows anything about this or similar products, could
>you send me further information?  If I get enough responses,
>I'll post a summary.

>In the meantime, I'll just keep preparing for spring turkey season.

>Todd

      "Whitetail Clover" is sold here in town for $4.50 a pound.
Southern States Corp. (feed store) sells basically the same thing
for $2.something a pound. Deer are supposed to like it real good.
I've also seen some "make 'em grow big antlers" in mags for
$33.95 - 40 lb. feed and mineral supplement. Our Southern States Corp.
has a "livestock 2 to 1 feed supplement" (calcium and Phosphorus)
for $10.30 - 50 lb. bag. It seems "Big Bucks" for big bucks is the
norm these days.

Bobby

        bobby@virginia.edu   (Internet)
         bobby@virginia       (BITNET)