[rec.hunting] woodchuck recipes

gjb@bellcore.bellcore.com (G. Blanchard) (03/27/91)

From: nvuxl!gjb@bellcore.bellcore.com (G. Blanchard)
Does anyone have a recipe for woodchuck? I'd guess that they would
be good eating since their main diet is clover (and gardens) but
I've never heard of anyone eating them.

Gary B.

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (03/28/91)

In article <443@erb1.engr.wisc.edu> nvuxl!gjb@bellcore.bellcore.com (G. Blanchard) writes:
>Does anyone have a recipe for woodchuck? I'd guess that they would
>be good eating since their main diet is clover (and gardens) but
>I've never heard of anyone eating them.

I've been told over and over that woodchuck is horrible to eat.  I've
never tried it.

Cheers,

Chris
------------------------------+---------------------------
Chris Mauritz                 |Show me the way to the
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |next whiskey bar...
Send flames to /dev/null      |-The Doors-

markb@Solbourne.COM (Mark Bradley) (03/28/91)

In article <443@erb1.engr.wisc.edu> nvuxl!gjb@bellcore.bellcore.com (G. Blanchard) writes:
>Does anyone have a recipe for woodchuck? I'd guess that they would
>be good eating since their main diet is clover (and gardens) but
>I've never heard of anyone eating them.

Recipe: 	1 shovel, preferrably a spade
		Stuff woodchuck back down its hole and fill in completely

It is greasy and foul, in my experience.  I'd rather eat almost anything
else.  It was a one-time mouthful that I spat out.  Never again.

						markb
--
Mark Bradley   (DoD#1100)		  Faster, faster, until the thrill
I/O Subsystems				of speed overcomes the fear of death.