[rec.hunting] Hunting/Fishing Club

keith@clodii.columbiasc.NCR.COM (keith) (06/17/91)

> From: asuvax!anasaz!darren@ncar.UCAR.EDU (Darren Campbell)
> Subject: Clubs
>
> 	I'm looking to join a hunting/fishing club in North Phoenix
> 	(preferably). I've tried the yellow pages, Game and Fish,
> 	Dept. of Parks/Recreation and have come up with a goose egg.
> 	I've tried calling gun shops/ranges and again nothing. So,
> 	any help would be appreciated.
> --
> Darren Campbell 		Bang: ames!ncar!noao!asuvax!anasaz!darren
> 				inet: anasaz!darren@asuvax.eas.asu.edu

Darren,
  Hey, why not start your own club? It's not very hard too do and you
could promote responsible hunting and fishing at the same time! Surely
you know a few people you could ask to be club members, if not you could
place an ad in newspapers seeking club members. Maybe some of the gun
shops and ranges you have been to will let you put an ad on a bulletin
board in their shops? Or just do alot of asking around. Once you have
enough people you could meet and elect officers, make a charter, and set
up by-laws. Most clubs I know usually will lease the hunting and fishing
rights to a tract of land nearby for club members. This seems to be the
general trend for hunting anyway. My club has about 14 members and we
lease about 400 acres. We are fortunate that we have a cozy little cabin
on the property and we usually have a pretty good time there during the
deer and turkey seasons. I don't know what the situation is in Arizona
but it may be that there is plenty of public land available and leasing
is unnecessary. Hope this helps you some. Good luck Darren.
                                            Regards,
                                                 Keith Boyd

---
| Keith M. Boyd  (NCR E&M Cola.) |  Nothing could be fina' than huntin' and  |
| 3325 Platt Springs Rd. ________|  fishin' in South Carolina!  -Me-         |
| West Cola., S.C. 29170 | Std Disclaimers | keith@clodII.columbiasc.NCR.COM |
| ph: 803-791-6419   |  From uunet: !uunet!ncrcom!ncrcae!sauron!clodII!keith |