[rec.radio.amateur.packet] Looking for info on O'Neill Communications.

johnh@munnari.oz.au (John Horvath) (03/05/91)

Hello.

	I am looking for address/telephone details for a company who supplies
	a LAWN interface unit (local-area wireless network) that connects to
	the serial port of a PC.

	The name of the company is: O'Neill Communications (Princeton, NJ).

	An article in June 1990 Byte on wireless LANs mentioned this company
	but gave no further details on their whereabouts.

Thanks for any help.

John (VK3DWT).

(Sorry for the cross-posting)  :-)

smith@sndpit.enet.dec.com (Willie Smith) (03/05/91)

In article <6986@munnari.oz.au>, johnh@munnari.oz.au (John Horvath) writes...
>Hello.
>
>	I am looking for address/telephone details for a company who supplies
>	a LAWN interface unit (local-area wireless network) that connects to
>	the serial port of a PC.
>
>	The name of the company is: O'Neill Communications (Princeton, NJ).

	(800) 624-5296 in the US and Canada
	(609) 497-6800 everywhere

	O'Neill Communications Inc.
	8601 Six Forks Road
	Raleigh, NC 27615

I almost bought a pair of these, they are now $300 each and do 19.2K baud

Willie Smith
smith@sndpit.enet.dec.com
smith%sndpit.enet.dec.com@decwrl.dec.com
{Usenet!Backbone}!decwrl!sndpit.enet.dec.com!smith

scottp@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Scott Peterson) (03/07/91)

   From: johnh@munnari.oz.au (John Horvath)
   Newsgroups: rec.ham-radio.packet,rec.ham-radio,rec.radio.amateur.packet,sci.electronics
   Date: 5 Mar 91 02:44:01 GMT
   Sender: news@cs.mu.oz.au

   Hello.

	   I am looking for address/telephone details for a company who supplies
	   a LAWN interface unit (local-area wireless network) that connects to
	   the serial port of a PC.

	   The name of the company is: O'Neill Communications (Princeton, NJ).

	   An article in June 1990 Byte on wireless LANs mentioned this company
	   but gave no further details on their whereabouts.

   Thanks for any help.

   John (VK3DWT).

   (Sorry for the cross-posting)  :-)

O'Neill Communications
100 Thanet Circle
Princeton, NJ  08540
(609) 924-1095

I'm not affiliated with O'Neill, I'm just tracking developments in wireless
LANs.  This is by no means the only one.

If you're looking for a wireless ethernet-like network, I'm afraid this one
will disappoint you.  The information I have indicates the software included
provides support for file transfer and email.  No mention is made of file
sharing or a Novell driver.

See also:

LAN Magazine, September '90, pg 100 (LAWN and others)

LAN Times, October 22, '90, pg 23 (NCR WaveLan and others)

LAN Magazine, November, '90, pg 20 (Motorola's 18GHz ethernet "repeaters")

I'd like to take this opportunity to solicit leads on other wireless LAN
technologies.  I'm interested in all kinds, but especially general purpose
"802.x-like" technologies.

--- Scott Peterson
    scottp@eecs.cs.pdx.edu
    (a.k.a.  {tektronix|verdix}!radix!sdp     - RadiSys Corp.)

garyf@wiis.wang.com (Gary Field) (03/09/91)

johnh@munnari.oz.au (John Horvath) writes:

>Hello.

>	I am looking for address/telephone details for a company who supplies
>	a LAWN interface unit (local-area wireless network) that connects to
>	the serial port of a PC.

>	The name of the company is: O'Neill Communications (Princeton, NJ).

>John (VK3DWT).

Unfortunately I don't have the information here, all I can remember is that
they are in New Jersey, I think the town is Princeton (not sure). The LAWN
looks very interesting for ham use. Sorry I can't give you more info.
Gary