[rec.radio.swap] Give it a rest!

chip@seeker.MYSTIC.COM (David "Chip" Reynolds) (03/20/91)

In article <28041@netcom.COM> greg@netcom.COM (Greg Bullough) writes:
>In article <91070.122457UD021132@NDSUVM1.BITNET> UD021132@NDSUVM1.BITNET writes:
>>5IN/500WATT OUT 10/11METER POWER AMP     $250
>>    ILLEGAL FOR USE ON CB BUT OK FOR
>>    HAM RADIO USE.  IN MINT SHAPE, NO
>>    MORE THAN 1 HR USE. A "COLLECTORS"
>>    ITEM ONLY FOR CBers.
>

>Please guys; let this man know that not only will you not buy
>the power amp, he can keep his other stuff as well, 'cause
>you're not interested in doing business with someone who trades
>in contraband. Note that he could have said "for sale only to a
>licensed amateur radio operator who's in the callbook." He didn't.
>
>Greg

 GET REAL!  If you notice, that post stated not once, BUT TWICE that that amp
was ILLEGAL for cb usage.  There are plenty of people, I'd bet, that still DX
alot on 10 meter.  Radio Shack sells a 10 meter mobile.  They don't ask if you'
a licensed operator.  They don't even WANT to see your ticket.  Just a warning
on the rig that you must have a license to transmit with this radio.

I really don't like flaming on a "for sale" board, but this is UNREAL!  Just
cool-off and leave it alone.

-*- DCKR -*-  David Reynolds- KA6LM
chip@seeker.UUCP
decwrl!prememos!chip@seeker.MYSTIC.com